Chapter 18

The week passed by with me sitting all day in my room and hanging out with Ren and Mr. V since it was Christmas break already.

Today was the 24the and Shane and I have been busy planning everything.

We decided to invite Ren and Vernon for Christmas.

I sighed happily. Finally, everything fell into place.

The doorbell rang and I went to get it.

I opened the door and was immediately engulfed by a hug.

I felt a familiar pair of arms wrapped around my waist as I stepped back a little to stare at him. He was tall almost a 6 and I was just a 5'2.

I stared into his blue green eyes and in that moment, I forgot about all the pain I went through. I felt complete.

"Hey, Princess." He said, smirking a bit.

I just chuckled and dragged him in.

"Oh hey Vernon." Shane said when she finally noticed him.

"Hey Shane, would you mind if I borrowed little Hayley here?" He asked. I nudged him in the stomach as he smirked.

"No I won't, just be sure to bring back Alex in one piece." She said seriously.

I just laughed as Vernon dragged me out of the house.

He brought me to OUR spot.

It was the ice cream shop he first brought me to when we decided to start over.

What I like about this shop is that it sells one of the best hot choco ever.
We went there and just laughed like any other teenaged couples.

After awhile, Vernon went to the toilet and I just sat there enjoying my drink.

Ring Ring

My phone rang and so I checked it. It was an unknown number, nevertheless I took it.

"Hello?" I said. The person in the other line just gave an evil laugh that sent goose bumps through my body.

"Oh dear Alex. How I've missed you, but don't you worry, I'll see you soon." And with that he ended the call.

"Hey, you okay?" Vernon said when he came back.

"Yea, yea, I'm fine." I said brushing him off.

We went back home and found Ren there.

Everybody was having fun, but my mind was on that phone call.

Ren's POV

My heart hurts just by looking at her, knowing that tomorrow, my dad will strike. The worst thing is that I cannot do anything. I don't even know where my dad will take her.

To be quite honest, it wasn't her fault.

You see, my dad and Alex's mom used to date during high school, but they got into long distance relationship during college. One night, during a frat party, Alex's mom became pregnant with her brother. Alex's mom talked to my dad and they soon worked everything out. But then, Alex's mom fell in love with Alex's dad and they had Alex. Alex's mom used Alex as an excuse to break up with my dad.

So after about 12 years, he kidnapped Alex, thinking that it was all her fault. He tried to kill her, but her dad came into the picture so yeah.

I am getting so worried right now, I just can't let her die.

I decided to put a tracking device into her favorite coat. I do hope she wears it tomorrow.

Oh Alex, I just hope you know I love you.