Chapter 18

"Let's get out of here." Bakugou told me as All Might and the remaining villain negotiated.

As he tried to walk, I stood my ground and shook my head . "No... I have a feeling.."

Bakugou's gaze flickered down to me and he raised an annoyed eyebrow, but said nothing.

As I watched All Might's hero form begin to evaporate, and once I noticed the fact that he hadn't moved a single muscle since Nomu has been beaten, I realized that his time was nearly up. My heart sunk a little at the realization of his stalling and the fact that this fight wasn't quite over yet.

I slumped against Bakugou's side irritably and clicked my tongue as the hand man began to scratch at his neck, mumbling something nearly inaudible from where I stood.

"Tomura Shigaraki," Kurogiri called from behind him. "Please, calm down. Looking carefully, I can see that he was definitely weakened from the damage of Nomu's attacks."

At that obvious fact, Shigaraki halted his self abuse and turned to him.

"Besides," Kurogiri continued. "The children appear to be frozen in fear. We still have underlings who can be used. There are likely only a few minutes left before reinforcements come. If you and I work together, we still have a chance of killing him."

"Yeah... yeah, yeah." Shigaraki agreed, sounding giddy at the mere thought of All Might's demise. I clenched my teeth. "That's right... that's right... we have no choice but to do it. I mean we have the last boss right in front of our eyes."

Startling me, Bakugou turned abruptly as the villains Aizawa had previously taken care of began to get up again. Due to my current state, I wasn't going to be of much use in defending All Might or anyone else. I bit the inside of my cheek as I thought, but no obvious plan surfaced in my head.

"Damn." I bit helplessly and squeezed my eyes shut.

"All Might will do something about the main bad guys," Kirishima began, looking from me to Bakugou. "Bakugou, take Yuki somewhere safe and hurry back to lend us a hand."

"Like hell I'm going anywhere and letting you four morons do this by yourselves," I defied, pushing my way off of Bakugou to stand by myself. "I'm weak, sure, but I can-"

"You can't do anything in the state that you're in," Todoroki interrupted, slapping a hand firmly onto my shoulder. I winced under the pressure. "A gust of wind could have you knocked out in seconds. You'll die."

"What's the use of being a hero," I said. I sounded more strained then I intended. "If I can't help anybody?"

"You helped enough," Bakugou told me, looping my arm around his shoulders again. "You took care of Nightmare by yourself, that sure as hell saved us a shit ton of trouble."

"B-but-"

He shook his head. "You've done your fair share, now quit hogging the spotlight and let's go."

Before Bakugou got the chance to lead me anywhere, I turned over my shoulder to see Midoriya jumping into the fray of Shigaraki versus All Might.

"Midoriya!" Kirishima called uselessly.

I pushed my way off of Bakugou again and began my sprint after him. With every step I took, a jolt of pain shot up both of my legs and into my arms and fingertips; but I kept going.

"Get away from All Might!" Midoriya screamed.

My eyes widened in horror as Shigaraki swiped his hand into Kurogiri's body, transitioning it right in front of Midoriya's face. Everything felt as if it was going in slow motion as I held my hand out uselessly, hoping that it would freeze time and stop Midoriya from plummeting to his certain death.