Chapter 6: The girl who lived in a cruel world

Not edited.

I absolutely love the sound of loud music but only when I'm laying on my bed with my headphones on. I absolutely hate the way loud music makes me feel at parties. The booming sound of the loud music gives me tingles, the scary, weird kind of tingles. It makes my chest hurt and makes my head spin. If it was on me then I would have stayed at home instead of coming to this party. I don't belong here, at all.

I stood in the corner of the huge living room of Lillian's house. She was born with a silver spoon in her mouth. The voice said and I couldn't help but agree with it. Everything here screamed money, her dress, her jewellery, her hand purse, her house heck her relatives and friends were richer than richy rich. Okay that's a lie!! The voice said and I ignored it and looked around. I spotted Harry standing with Lillian's arm wrapped around his, her head resting in his shoulder. They were talking to her brother. My eyes lingered on Harry's face, his eyes crinkled as he laughed at something that Lillian's brother  said and then I looked at his left hand that was out of Lillian's reach, his hand was clenched in a what looked like a tight fist. He only did that when something bothered him. It's probably because you're here, nobody wants you here! I mean look around you, no one is even looking at you! You've been standing in the corner since you came here. The voice said and I fought the urge to rip my hair off.
Harry caught my gaze and smiled widely, his fist opening and relaxing. He sighed and excused himself and walked over to me, his right hand supporting a red solo cup. "Taylor! You're here, thank god." He said as soon as stood in front of me, I smiled and made a move to hug him but I stopped when Lillian came and stood next to him, clinging on his arm yet again. "Thanks for coming tonight, Taylor." Lillian said with a sweet smile plastered on her face. I wanted to rip that smile off. I really did.
"Ah it's alright, I didn't have anything to do back home anyway," I said with a shrug and looked around uncomfortably. Why wasn't Harry saying anything ? Did he not want me there ? But he looked so happy when he saw that I was here......
"Uh I'll go get myself a drink," I excused myself.

I stood in front of the sink of the bathroom, blue eyes staring back at me from the mirror, there was no light in them, they were rather dull. I sighed and splashed some water on my face. Don't worry ladies I didn't have any makeup on my face. The door of the bathroom opened with a squeak and a red head walked in with her mascara running down her face. "Are you okay ?" I asked softly and she scoffed and slumped on the ground with her knees pilled to her chest. "The guy that I love is in love with someone else and I can't do anything about it." She said and chuckled darkly, pressing the heel of her left hand on her forehead. "They said that college will be easier but it's high school all over again." She said and let out a sob.
I kneeled down in front of the girl and sighed.
"I know what you're going through and I won't tell you that it's going to be alright because it probably won't and the guy that you love might end up marrying the girl's he's in love with someday." I said and looked down at my hands. "And if your guy is as stupid and blind as mine then he's probably never gonna realise that you're in love with him." I said, my heart showing empathy towards he girl. The girl looked at me, her under eyes covered with black mascara. "What a cruel world this is, isn't it ?" She said and I chuckled and nodded.

"So who's the guy ?" I asked and sat next to her.