Chapter 14: The girl who killed

Warning: There are some disturbing things in this chapter that some people might find offending. Read at your own risk.

Not edited

2 years later

"You're gonna catch me and I'm gonna hide behind that tree, got that ?" Taylor said with her right hand perched on her hip, an eyebrow raised, lips puckered. "You do know that you said that right ?" Harry asked with a laugh, his hand perched on his hip too, his eyes glowing with laughter. "What did I say ? I told you a simple thing, Harry, a simple thing! All you have to do is catch me, you idiot." Taylor said, throwing her hands in the air in exasperation. "Okay, okay, calm down! Now, go hide." Harry said shooing her away. Taylor smiled happily and ran towards the forest, her favourite hiding place. Now, Harry knew that she was hiding behind a tree but the question was; which tree ?
Harry ran towards the forest, a bright smile on his face. People usually took Taylor for granted, seeing her as a young naive girl but the truth was, she was not naive, no, she was clever.

"I wonder if Taylor's behind this tree!" Harry yelled excitedly, a large grin plastered on his face, eyes glimmering with happiness. "You're wrong!" came Taylor's voice from a tree that was just next to where harry was stood. "You ruined the fun!" Harry said, throwing his hands up in the air. "Did I ?" Taylor said, now, stood in front of Harry with her arms crossed against her chest. Harry just shook his head and gathered Taylor in his arms, Taylor let out a contented sigh and leaned into Harry's warmth. At that moment, Taylor realised that she was in love with Harry and she hoped that he was too but oh how wrong she was.

"Enjoy your summer holidays but don't forget to study for your finals!" Mr Vang said as the bell rang, waking Taylor up. Taylor sat up straight and rubbed her eyes with her knuckles. The dreams never seemed to end. They were not even dreams anymore, they were memories, memories that Taylor cherished.

Taylor plopped down on the leather couch that was placed by the window in her apartment. Her apartment wasn't big but it was enough for her and her dog. Her apartment was dark. The walls were painted black and grey, the floors were covered with soft grey rugs. There were two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen and a living room that was the size of a public toilet. The walls were empty, no photos whatsoever. The only wall that was not empty was the wall across Taylor's bed. The wall was covered with pictures of Harry and her but mostly pictures of just Harry. She was obsessed and she wasn't ashamed of it. She was in love, after all.

Taylor took a sip of the brandy that she was so fond of and placed the glass down, her eyes widening in anger, her lips curling in a snarl. She glared at her laptop's screen, she was confused about her emotions. She was sad and angry. The screen shone brightly as her eyes moved over the words.

They send her an electronic invitation card

They send her an electronic invitation card. An invitation to Harry's wedding with Lillian.

Wedding with Lillian.

Taylor felt like fainting. Was a fatigue taking over her body or was it emptiness, heartbreak and anger ?
The dog barked, scratching at the sofa, begging Taylor to pick him up, Taylor looked down at the dog, her eyes red, tears brimming in her eyes.
The last time she talked to Harry was at that awful party. He didn't come to the airport to say goodbye. He just moved on like she never existed. Taylor's hand moved to her stomach, a tear rolling down her eye.
She thought she was his' and he was hers. Damnation! His name was carved on her stomach. The dog continued to bark. Taylor got up from the couch and walked to the kitchen, her eyes searching for something, anything. She finally saw the sharp object.
Taylor picked up the chopping knife in her right hand and walked back to the living room with heavy steps. Her chest rising and falling, the dog kept barking.
She picked up the dog and placed him on the leather couch, the dog now barked happily, finally having her attention on him.
Taylor smiled a cold smile and then there was blood splattered on her white t-shirt, her face, her hair, her couch and her floor.
The knife dropped on the floor with a loud clank. Taylor wiped her hands off on her pants and looked at the dead dog on her couch. She bent down and looked at the dog.
"I was getting tired of you anyway," she whispered with a frown on her face.

Taylor stood back up to her feet and let out a loud sigh.
"I have to clean this sh*t now, look what you made me do, Winny!" She said with a snarl and her eyes moved to where the laptop was, her anger rising. She stomped towards the laptop and threw it on the floor.

Taylor moved a lose strand of her hair behind her ear and looked down at her feet and then her eyes moved to the ceiling with a sad smile on her face she shook her head.
"I have to go to church-," she stopped speaking and looked out of the window, it was night time and it was raining. Guess church would have to wait for a while.

"Again," Taylor finished what she was saying with a chuckle and was off to cleaning her living room.