Chapter 20: The girl who came back

NOT EDITED

A/N: This chapter is quite long  and soft, dark Taylor is resting in my mind right now, she'll be back soon though and some major feels towards the end of the chapter. 

Do you guys want me to make a playlist for this book ? 

Happy reading!

Things have been a little bumpy between Harry and Lillian, they were arguing over small things. Lillian blamed Taylor for it. Ever since Harry called Ron he's been distant towards Lillian.

"Do you even want to get married ?" Lillian asked Harry as they sat opposite to each other, eating dinner.

"Yes, why would you even ask me that ?" Harry's jaw tightened as he glared at Lillian.

"You've been acting weird lately and I want to know why. If you are having any doubts, tell me. I don't want you to have cold feet on the day of our wedding, I don't want to be that woman who got left at the alter, do you understand ?" Lillian's voice raised with every word she said.

Harry dropped the fork and knife he was holding and the chair screeched as he got onto his feet and slammed his hands down harshly on the dining table, causing the two glasses of wine to clatter against each other. Lillian let out a shaky breath as Harry glared down at her.

"It's taking everything in me to not tell you to leave this house with all of your belongings, Lillian. You've been testing my patience since the day I've asked you to marry me and I wasn't regretting it before but I sure as hell am regretting it now." Harry's voice boomed causing Lillian to close her eyes tightly, her hands clutched against her chest as if she was physically hurt.

"Tomorrow is our engagement party, Harry." Lillian said in a shaky voice, her lower lip trembling.

"Yes, it is and yet here you are accusing me of not wanting to get married to you. Are you sure that you want to get married to me ?" Harry sneered as he straightened his back and stalked out of the dining room with Lillian hot on his heels.

"Harry you don't understand I-"

"I'll be back in the morning."

"I saw you, okay ?! I saw you staring at her picture like a love sick puppy!" Lillian yelled, tears spilling out of her eyes, her mascara ruined. She wiped the tears away with the back of her left hand, harshly.

Harry's body went rigid, he stood their like a statue. "Do you love her, Harry ?" Lillian asked as a whimper escaped her mouth.

"What ?" Harry said and turned around to face her. A frown on his face.

"It's not too late to back out now but it will be when we get married so just tell me the truth." Lillian said, her arms crossed against her chest, her palms rubbing her arms as if she was cold.

"You don't trust me at all, do you ?" Harry turned the tables on her, changing the subject skilfully.

"Frankly ? After all these years of trusting you I don't even trust myself anymore." Lillian whispered. Harry ran a hand through his hair and looked everywhere but Lillian.