04 | hades the jerk

[ graphic: me ]

a jar of secrets
04 | hades the jerk

I stare up at him, unblinkingly.

"Let me guess, you're here to kill me too?" I ask straight faced.

Well this has turned out to be a very interesting birthday indeed.

"What?" Hades says raising his perfectly shaped eyebrow at me in confusion.

"That's what you're here for, right?" I frown as he shakes his head. "Then why are you here because you certainly don't look like God to me."

At this, the mans mouth raises up in a tiny smile.

"God and I aren't really the best of friends," he admits before standing back up to his full height - all 6'2 of it. "Now come on out of there, your legs must be killing you."

Slowly I peek my head out of the little closet, looking around for any signs of the three men from earlier but they're not here nor can I hear anything around the house.

Once I'm out, I start stretching my poor legs trying to get the blood pumping again. I feel the mans eyes on me and look up to see that he is watching.

"Who are you?" I ask wearily. Now that we're both standing up, I can see that he's dressed all in black and with the hood he kind of reminds me of an assassin.

"Hades, I'm a private detective," he explains showing me a badge. I also notice the pistol that's hiding under the oversized black sweater as he puts the badge back into his pocket.

"Who hired you then?" Something about this guy is off I can just feel it.

And where the hell is Ash and Pat?

"Your guardians."

I watch as the man then proceeds over to the door, cracking it open a little to check out in the hallway.

"Do you know where they are?" I ask him, watching as he spins around to face me, his hood covering his dark hair once again.

"You ask way too many questions," he sighs before glancing down at something on my left arm. I turn my arm so I can see whatever it is that's so interesting, it's a hand mark left from hairy guy.

"It doesn't hurt.." I mumble trying to cover it but Hades has already walked over and is standing right in front of me.

"That's because you're a-" I look up at him confused as to where he's going with this and his eyes soften ever so lightly. "Because you're full of adrenaline from what's happened, you'll probably feel it later on when we're on the road."

"On the road?" I repeat looking back up at him in surprise but he's already slipped out the room. "Okay whoever the hell you are, detective or not I don't care.. I can't just leave," I yell following him out into the hall. 

"This is my life. I'm in my last year of school and my best friends and I are going to the masquerade ball at the end of the year a-and.." I take a breath before continuing. "Ash and Patrick are probably worried sick about me right no-"

"Do you ever stop talking?" Hades asks glancing behind him to me.

"Uh no not really. When I'm scared I tend to talk people's heads off," I admit shrugging as I catch up to him on the stairs.

"I need to get you back to the Un-" I glance over at him as he continues to talk to himself, finding it quite amusing I chuckle.

"What it is?" Hade asks noticing that I had stopped a few steps above him. "I need to get you to the safe house Persephone-"