14 | wait, i'm a goddess?!

[ graphic: @recklessrebellion- / me ]

a jar of secrets
14 | wait, i'm a goddess?!

I wake up to a hard something resting on top of my arm and as I try to move it, the thing won't budge making my arm rather numb.

"Get off of me!" I grumble at the thing still half asleep. Maybe it is just a very big insect that weighted a tonne or maybe a puppy, ooh a puppy.

"No I'm comfortable," something mumbled into my arm.

Okay so not a puppy, unless they can speak English now which is highly unlikely.

"But my leg and arm is really hurting," I complain opening my eyes to see that it is Hades who is laying on my arm. "Hades!"

"Alright I'm getting up," he sighs lifting his head up to focus in on me, he smiles cheekily at me before stretching out his arms. "Wait did you say your leg?"

I nod my head as I lift the covers off of me to find that my bandaged leg badly needed changing.

"Can you go and get Pat, please?" I ask him trying to sit up in the bed as best I can.

"Here," Hades say putting another pillow behind me to help me sit up. "And there's no need to worry him, I can manage."

"Since when did you start liking my guardians?" I ask raising an eyebrow at his thoughtfulness. I watch as he gets up off the chair to head over to the dresser, coming back with another long bandage in hand and a rubbish bag.

"I've always had a soft spot for them, and..." he trails off as he starts undoing the blooded bandage around my leg. "You consider them as your brothers, I'm not a complete asshole who wakes people up before six."

It's a joke and I can't help but laugh at Hades making one, maybe Hermes is starting to rub off on him.

"Wait you've always had a soft spot for then? You've only met them once, yesterday."

Hades stays quiet at this as he cleans my wound and begins to rewrap it, he's very gently as he does this.

"You've met them before, haven't you?" I ask but I already know the answer, and the silence proves me right. "When? How?"

"I'm a detective-"

"No! Don't you dare tell me more lies," I yell at him and I see him look guilty at this as he finishes wrapping my leg. "And no more secrets, I'm sick of people keeping everything from me Hades."

"You and I, we're not like other people Persephone," he starts off in a soft voice, putting the supplies back onto the dresser.

That's exactly what Hermes had told me the other day as well.

"What do you guys mean by that though?" I cry out confused.

Hades turns around, watching me closely as he opens the door.

"We're gods."

And the door clicks softly behind him.

Did Hades seriously expect me to actually believe that? Gods? As in actual real life Gods?