11 | the twins

[ graphic: @me]

a jar of secrets
11 | the twins

"And we're back on the road again."

"Hermes!"

"I can't wait to get back on the road again."

"You're really starting to piss me off kid."

"Oh come on, you're no fun dude."

"Dude as you can clearly see, my girl is asleep and if you mess with her sleep you're dealing with me and you know where you'll end up if that happens."

Did Hades just call me his girl? I think he just did. Oh god please don't be blushing, if I'm blushing that's going to blow my cover.

"Yeah I'm good here among the mortals thanks, The Underworld gives my skin a bit of an ashy look to it."

Mortals? The Underworld? What the hell is this guy talking about?

"Have you heard anything from my brother?"

"Which one, the cool one or the cool one?

"Oh my god kid, you're really pushing it. I will stop the car and push you out of it."

"But what would your girl think huh?"

"I'll tell her you just 'puffed' into thin air."

"You do know I could just appear back in here again, right?"

"Hermes I swear to-"

"Hermes stop pissing off your uncle!" I tell him but I start chuckling towards the end of it.

"Oh now you've done it, she's awake and it's not even six - the suns not even up yet!" Hades sighs glancing over at me. "I tried to keep him quiet but he's a real pain in the ass!" Hades apologises although I shake my head.

"It's okay I was awake anyways," I admit glancing around to see Hermes sitting in the middle of the back seats. "Where do you go anyways? When we drop you off at random places?" I ask.

"Anywhere really, here there and back here again. I'm a messenger of the go-"

"Hermes!"

"Oh come on man, you can't keep her hidden from the dangers much longer - she probably already knows most of it anyways," he adds glancing over at me.

Hades just glares at him but stays quiet.

"You're a messenger of who now?" I ask curious.

Hermes turns back to face me, a dazzling smile on his face.

"I'm the amazing trickster, aka the most handsomest messenger of the g-"

"Get down!" Hades cuts his nephew off suddenly in a loud voice.

"No I am not the messenger of the 'get down' gro-"

"Down. Now."

I quickly duck my head low just as a flash of red light flies by my passenger side window and collides with an old tree on the side of the road, it bursts up into flames.