Chapter Five

I wished that my body was healing faster. It was a slow and painful process from me, and I longed to be back to normal. I hated to be a burden to the people, who so willingly took me into their home, despite my background.

"Ana, do you feel like going for a walk to the pasture?"

"Sure. It would be good for me to be able to get out of the house some."

Clint smiled, as he offered a hand to help me up. I gladly excepted the help, seeing as my stitches were still bothering me quite a bit.

"Are you sure that you are up to going?"

"Yes. I've been through worse pain, Clint. I'll be fine."

He smiled, as he gripped my hand. We walked out of the house, Clint keeping a careful eye on me. Clint had several beautiful horses that I had taken quite a liking to. They reminded me of the happy times at my home, in Russia. 

My father had been a farmer, but he was also a gifted horseman. I was learning from him, at the time I was sent off to Red Room, and made to forget that dream. I always loved animals, they never judged you for who you were... they showed you affection and love like no other, and it was a good feeling. 

"Ana... you are day dreaming again."

"Sorry Clint... thinking of home, I suppose."

"What do you miss the most?"

"My mother's smile, my father's hugs... the cooking...."

Clint just wrapped his arms around me, comforting me the best he could.

"Did you ever search for them?"

"I tried.... never found a trace of them..."

We had reached the pasture at that time, and I moved to open the gate. I didn't want to show too much emotion about my parents. It was a chapter of my past that was too painful.

"Ana, I'm going to get some feed. I'll be right back."

"Alright."

I just smiled softly as the horses came up to me. They had become so used to me, and I loved it. Buck, and Theo were the calmest geldings I had been around, and it was comforting to run my hands over their muscles, and through their manes. 

"Hello, my boys. You two behaving?"

They both got close to inspect my hands and pockets for sugar cubes, something I often snuck to them.

"Not today, darlings. But Clint is coming with your feed. Not much longer."

I longed to be healed so I could dance again, but also so I could go riding with Clint, through the country side. 

Clint fed the horses, while I gently began to brush Buck down. Theo only liked when Clint brushed him, so we spent our time in silence. It was a nice escape, and get lost in nature. It was really what I needed, to get back into a good mind set. I had been down lately, and I wasn't sure why.... I just knew I needed to sort things out, and proceed to show love to the people around me, who had become good friends.

I was going to be okay, but it was just going to take time, and healing to get back on to my feet.