Chapter Nine

6 Months Later 
(Clint's P.O.V)

I was beating myself up over what had happened, and in the last several months, I hadn't been able to find a single solid lead on Anastasia. If something had happened to her, or the baby, that'd be the end for me. I just couldn't believe I had been so stupid, and to hurt her in the way I did.

"Clint, you need to calm down. It isn't healthy."

"Barney, to hell with calming down. I messed up big time, and now Ana is in the wind. I have no clue what happened to her, or if she's alive."

"She will come back when she isn't mad at you anymore. I mean all you did was take her to the doctor in New York.... Right?"

My brother was staring at me from across the kitchen with a very knowing look. 

"Not exactly."

"Then what the hell did you do?"

"Ana's pregnant...and she currently hates my guts."

"I don't blame her... And you were so stupid. You'd barely been with her three months. Hell,  I'm surprised she didn't shoot you."

"I think she would have, if she could have gotten ahold of my gun."

"Thank goodness she didn't. When she comes back, you need to fix this mess."

"Yes, I know... and I plan on doing that."

(Anastasia's P.O.V) 

I was tired of running, and missing Clint terribly. I was after all carrying his son, and Clint had a right to be around when this baby decided it was time to come into the world. As terrified as I was, that I wouldn't know how to be a mother, I had to get back to Clint.

I had walked for miles, before finally seeing the farmhouse off in the distance and that was the best sight I had seen in months.

I moved as fast as I could towards the house, and I couldn't contain my joy, seeing Clint walk out of the house, towards the pasture.

"Clint! Clint, please!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, to see him quickly turn around, and locked eyes with me.

(Clint's P.O.V) 

When I heard her voice, I almost thought that is was my imagination... until I turned around, and saw an exhausted Ana standing in the driveway. I just ran straight to her, and wrapped my arms around. She was crying, and so was I.

"I never thought I would see you again.... I'm so sorry Ana... I never meant to hurt you."

"I know you didn't.... And it's okay. I'm home, and safe...."

I saw a small smile on her lips, before she kissed me. That was something that I had missed so much over the past months.

"I love you, Clint... and I'm sorry I ran. I was mad, and scared..."

"I, uh..."

Ana obviously was showing now, after seven months, and I really didn't know how to say anything.

"You're going to be a dad, Clint... And I want this to work. I never meant to stay away so long."

"I'm just glad you are home, safe. That's all that really matters."

"Don't you want to know about the baby?"

"Of course I do... But you look exhausted, so let's get you inside, and cleaned up. Then we can talk about our baby."

She nodded, picking up her torn backpack, before taking my hand. I smiled, walking into the farmhouse with Ana by my side. 

"Ana's home!"

                                                                 -------------------------------------------

The whole family was happy to have Ana back. It had been tough on me, know that I was the reason she had left. I never really thought any of it through, when Ana and I got together. I just made a mistake, that I wouldn't ever make again.

"Clint, can we go upstairs? I want to talk..."

"Of course, Ana."

I helped her get up the stairs, and towards the bedroom that we once shared.

"I still want to share the bed... But I wanted to tell you about the baby, privately."

I couldn't help but smile, as we sat on the bed together. I waited for a moment, just watching. She paused before saying anything, taking my hand in hers, and holding it over her stomach.

"Do you feel the kicking?"

"Yeah... I can't believe that's our kid."

"Our son."

(Anastasia's P.O.V)

I saw his face light up the instant I told him, that he was going to have a son.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I had a doctor confirm it a while back... You're going to have a son Clint."

He kissed me before I had time to say anything else. It was amazing, to be welcomed home in this way. Clint was the man I was supposed to be with, and we were going to have a son.

"Ana, I'm so excited... when you left I was afraid that I wouldn't see you again. I searched everywhere. I was so scared you'd get hurt, or something would happen to you and the baby."

"Clint, I'm sorry I left... I just... I was scared, so I ran. That's all I knew to do."

"I don't blame you for running, Ana... I just wish you had let me talk to you, before you left."

"I'm sorry, Clint. I promise that I won't do it ever again. I want to be here with you... as long as I am able to."

"I love you, Ana. And I promise that I will take care of you, and this baby."

"I love you, too Clint."