twenty eight

friday 3:00 p.m

after class, the girls went to the cafe where amalie was planning to meet shawn.

"amalie, this is so toxic." aisha said receiving a sharp nudge from enya.

aisha turned to enya as she rubbed her side, "you know it's true. we all thought that he was an asshole last year, you just fell for him. there's nothing wrong with that, but he actually believed and still believes that you cheated on him without hearing your side of the story."

"aisha stop-" natalie said, but she was quickly interrupted by aisha.

"you even have the recording of her brother admitting that he took that picture and didn't- you know," aisha lowered her voice, "rape you."

amalie has nothing to argue because aisha was right.

"and now he's moving away, because of that? he dropped you so easily, amalie. i know i sound like a bitch right now, but this is so toxic, and i don't want you to get hurt again." aisha finished.

"you're not a bitch, aisha. i honestly get where you're going, but i love him." the word just slipped past amalie's lips without her realizing it did. this was the first time she said it out loud. she thought about it, but never actually said it out loud. "i want to fight for him."

"i think you should." enya said. "i don't know if it's just me, but shawn really changed when you guys got together. he used to be such a dick, but when you guys started dating, he was actually nice. you changed him for the better, i think you guys are good for each other."

natalie nodded her head in agreement, but aisha was still convinced that their relationship is toxic. amalie looked at pia for hopes of agreeing with natalie and enya, but she didn't.

"i'm sorry, am, but i don't think he's worth it. look how much pain he caused you. you didn't go outside for almost a month." pia said.

"but it wasn't him. i was so confused and i thought that nick did it. i was the one who pushed him away. he had every right to be mad at me." amalie said.

"stop saying that. stop blaming yourself." aisha said. "i see where enya's going but that doesn't mean he's good for you. you changed him, but what did he do?"

"amalie, do whatever you want to do. you always see both sides of the story, so why don't you do that?" natalie suggested. "just take it little by little. start by showing him the proof that you didn't cheat on him. if he still leaves you, then he's not worth it."