twenty five

sunday 1:45 p.m

after a long talk of what she was going to say to shawn, amalie left the girls and pia at the apartment to walk to the cafe.

it was the cafe where they had their first not exactly official date. the one near central park where they bumped into each other. it was where shawn and amalie would meet up whenever one of them had a bad day. it was their cafe.

amalie was definitely having a bad day. a very bad week actually. but she wasn't really going to meet up with shawn.

"amalie, you wanted to talk. what's up?" the tall brunette said as he took a seat in front of her.

"about the party, nick." amalie said. "tell me what you know."

nick scooted closer towards the table and rested his chin in his hands. "hm. i don't remember much but i know that you're quite a partier."

before amalie could speak up, a waiter came, "are you two ready to order?"

"yes, we'll have two beers please." nick said.

"i don't drink," amalie said. "i'm under 21."

"that's not what i recall at the party, remember?" nick said raising an eyebrow at amalie to purposely taunt her.

amalie refrained herself from strangling him and turned to the waiter, "one beer and one tea, please."

the waiter left and amalie turned back to nick. "what happened at the party?" she asked calmly.

"how am i supposed to know?"

he had a point. when amalie met him he was already tipsy.

"if you don't want to talk, then i'm just wasting my time." amalie said as she put on her windbreaker.

"no need to be rude," nick smirked. "especially to someone who has your nudes."

"was that a threat, nicholas?"

"did it sound like one?"

"yes it did."

"well, then yes. it was a threat."

"you never told me what your majoring in." amalie said.

"international finances," nick replied. "why is that important?"

"you should've taken law."

"why is that?"

"so you understand the situation your in." amalie smirked. "paragraph 263 and coercion paragraph 251 states that threatening or blackmailing someone is punishable by imprisonment of up to two years."

the waiter came shortly with the beer and tea. they both grabbed their drinks and took a sip.

"also, providing alcohol to an individual under 21 is either a $2500 fine or up to one year in prison," amalie added. "i am only 19, and you served me alcohol, so that's what? three years in prison? so i would think carefully about what you do with those pictures, unless you want to take this to court."

nick laughed, "alcohol to minors? are you serious? everyone does it all the time."

amalie sipped her tea and stood up, "that's one lame excuse to tell the judge." she said showing nick that she was recording their conversation the entire time.

monday 12:40 p.m

"yeah so i didn't end up talking to shawn yesterday." amalie said explaining to the girls what happened with nick.

"so you still don't know what happened?" natalie clarified.

amalie shook her head looking outside the window. she noticed that blonde girl she was talking to was sitting outside with her sorority.

"you should talk to her." pia suggested following amalie's stare.

"how would she know? she was drunk way before i was." amalie replied.

"you never know, maybe she remembers something. plus she knows the mendes family really well."

amalie thought about it, but her thoughts were interrupted by a text notification from nick.

aisha, who was sitting next to her saw the notification, "what does it say?" she asked.

"nice talk, i hope you have a happy relationship with my brother." amalie read out loud. she gasped, "he told him."

right at that moment, as if the world hated her, shawn came down the stairs and stood in front of amalie staring at her with cold eyes. the eyes that she met a few months ago when he humiliated natalie.

"tell me you didn't fuck my brother." shawn said with anger in his eyes.

amalie tensed up, "i promise i'll explain everything."

"did you and my brother fuck? tell me god damn it!" shawn said raising his voice.

a tear that amalie was holding in rolled down her cheek as she whispered, "i don't know."