67

Sometime during the night, Jungkook woke up staring at the ceiling.

He hadn't actually been sleeping properly in the first place - as it was quite hard knowing Taehyung was in the room next door.

For three months, Jungkook had been anticipating in meeting Taehyung and now that he was within reach, all Jungkook could do was lie in Taehyung's bed staring up at his peach ceiling.

Finally deciding he'd had enough of doing literally nothing, Jungkook swung his legs over the side of the bed and got up.

Now that he actually had time, Jungkook looked around Taehyung's room at the scenery.

The walls were bland, but other than that, Taehyung's desk was quite nicely decorated.

An Iron Man calendar, post-it-notes dotted around the wall around his desk, seven framed photos of five boys of whom Jungkook recognised now, separate photos for each one plus a photo of all six of them.

Jungkook was supposed to feel sad that he wasn't in any of those photos, but instead he felt giddy hoping he would soon be in a photo of his own with Taehyung and the others.

Jungkook turned around to leave, making up an excuse that he needed a drink so that he wouldn't have to come up with a terrible lie if he ended up waking up Taehyung.

Fortunately, Taehyung was still awake, laying on the couch browsing his phone, the white light casting a reassuring glow on the boy's face.

"What are you doing up?" Taehyung cocked his head to the side when he heard the bedroom door open and smiled when he saw Jungkook.

"I was just going to get a drink," Jungkook answered, and Taehyung threw the blanket draped over his body off of him before putting his phone on the table and getting up.

"Let me get it for you," he offered, and just then Jungkook realised how cold it must've been in the apartment.

He was wearing a white Timberland t-shirt that was too big for him and his black boxers whereas Taehyung was in grey sweats and a white hoodie.

Jungkook however was boiling under those covers as it was.

"Here you go, sweet," he smiled sweetly, handing the glass of water to Jungkook, who downed it almost immediately. "Is everything ok?"

"Taehyung, I-" Jungkook suddenly began, and had to stop himself before he said something stupid. "C-can I sleep with you?"

Taehyung blinked at him in confusion for a few seconds and Jungkook took that as his opportunity to explain himself.

"It's just- you were really warm earlier and I found it r-really comforting," he cursed himself for stuttering but Taehyung found it cute. "Of course, if you don't want to-"

"No, I want to," Taehyung cut him off, flopping down onto the couch and scooting over to make room for Jungkook.

Hesitantly, Jungkook padded over to Taehyung, and before he could change his mind and turn around, Taehyung placed his hands on Jungkook's hips and pulled him down next to him.

It was a little messy and awkward, but the smile on Jungkook's face told Taehyung that he was enjoying it.

"Jungkook," Taehyung spoke up after a few minutes of silence, filled with the boys' light breathing and steady heartbeats - Jungkook's head resting on Taehyung's chest with Taehyung's hand in Jungkook's hair and arms wrapped around his body.

"Hm?" Jungkook hummed in reply.

"Do you want to climb into this hoodie and cuddle all night?" Taehyung asked, and Jungkook looked up at him in confusion for around a minute before he realised what Taehyung was talking about.

"God, yes please," Jungkook grinned, and a few minutes and awkward shuffling later, Jungkook was burrowed inside Taehyung's hoodie and sweats, the warmth of both the clothes and Taehyung filling Jungkook with a sense of security.

Jungkook looked up at Taehyung, giggling like a little girl and Taehyung had the sudden urge to kiss him.

"You're gorgeous," Taehyung whispered, his minty breath tickling Jungkook's nose as a result of their close proximity.

"So are you," Jungkook breathed back awkwardly, burying his face in the crook of Taehyung's neck and placing a light kiss there.

Taehyung's grip on Jungkook tightened as he held him close to his body, enjoying the way Jungkook's biceps would tense when Taehyung blew in his hair.

"I have a goal for the end of this holiday," Taehyung suddenly spoke up after ten more minutes of silence.

"What is it?" Jungkook asked groggily, and Taehyung coulld sense that he was about to fall asleep.

"To make you my boyfriend before you go home."