14

Jungkook stared at the three new followers on his screen.

They were friends of Jimin's, so he knew they weren't complete strangers or anything - he just didn't expect them to want to follow him.

After all, he wasn't that interesting. It made Jungkook wonder what lies Jimin had been spouting about him.

"Hey, hyung?" Jungkook called out from the bedroom of his and Jimin's dorm to the latter who was in the bathroom, voice laced with uncertainty.

"Hmm?" Jimin hummed in response, stepping out of the bathroom with a toothbrush lodged in his mouth and handtowel draped over his wet, blonde locks, dressed in a plain grey t-shirt and black boxers.

"Some of your friends started following me," the younger turned to look at Jimin, whose face lit up as he hummed in approval, holding up one finger to Jungkook - telling him to wait one second.

Jungkook rolled his eyes as Jimin disappeared back into the bathroom, the sound of him spitting his toothpaste out into the sink followed by water running from the tap causing a light smile to spread across his face.

He didn't even know why he was smiling; Jimin just seemed to make everything he did that extra bit...well, extra.

"Who are they?" Jimin asked, crawling onto Jungkook's bed and over to the younger, peering over his shoulder until Jungkook handed him the phone. "Ah - Hoseok, Namjoon and Jin-hyungs; you should follow them back."

Jungkook's hands trembled a bit as he took the phone back from Jimin, who was up and moving again, grabbing the black pair of jeans that had rips in the knees that he'd laid out the night before off of the back of his desk chair and looking straight at Jimin.

"What's wrong?" He asked, cocking his head to the side as he waved the air out of his jeans.

"I don't know, hyung, I just..." Jungkook stopped, looking down at his phone hesitantly. "It's nothing - I'm fine."

"Jungkook," Jimin said, now sitting next to him with his jeans on. "They're good guys, I swear; they're the ones we'll be seeing at Christmas."

"I know, it's just," Jungkook said, still not looking at Jimin. "What if they don't like me? What if I'm too awkward or too quiet or-"

"Shut up," Jimin laughed, a sweet sound that was enough to make a bystander laugh if they heard it. "Are you even listening to yourself?"

Biting his lip, Jungkook looked up at Jimin momentarily only to look back down at his phone again.

"What's not to like about you?" Jimin asked, more quiet and serious this time, his voice still holding that sweet lightness that everyone loved. "You're sweet, patient, thoughtful - not to mention that if I weren't a loyal Yoongi stan, I'd be all over you."

The last part was obviously just a joke but it still made Jungkook feel like he was worth something.

Most of his other friends from high school would stay loyal friends for as long as they were single, but as soon as they got together with someone, they would suddenly have no time for Jungkook which sucked.

What sucked even more was that due to his anxiety, Jungkook was never really that good at making new friends and didn't really like to get out there, but Jimin was the one to approach him first.

He was so outgoing and chatty, and Jungkook was actually intimidated by Jimin at first, but the two just seemed to click naturally.

Jungkook opened up about his anxiety and Jimin was there for him no matter what. He was Jungkook's first example of a real best friend, and trusted him no matter what.

He trusted Jimin when he said the three were good guys - he trusted him wholeheartedly - and that was why he followed all three of them back.