X. Mrs. Santiago

Chapter Ten

Liv jumped out of the unfamiliar bed, feeling a little lightheaded as she did. What was wrong with her? Lifting her left hand to her head to balance herself, she saw it. The simple princess cut diamond with smaller cut blood red rubies in the platinum band.

"What the actual fúck?" She looked at it, almost completely mesmerized by its simple beauty. It was beautiful but dammit if she was going to wear it as if she was married. She couldn't be married, could she? What happened last night? Her memory was quite ready to cough up the answers she needed. Quite understandable since she wasn't a woman who could function in the mornings without her good old coffee. She began trying to pull it off her finger when she felt him behind her. Long muscular legs trapped her in and she immediately leaned back into him, his scent so hypnotizing. She tried to pull at the finger again, to take off the ring. "Why can't I get this fúcking ring off my finger?"

"Probably because it is the wrong finger you're pulling," he muttered groggily and Liv turned to him with eyes of a raccoon. Damn, didn't she at least remove her make up last night? He peeked open one eye at her. "You look beautiful by the way."

He smirked and Liv could hear the amusement in his voice. Rolling her eyes, she tried to get up only to be pushed down by his strong arms. He was way too strong and Liv was still a little tired. She groaned as she felt her head pulse with an ache she never felt before. The light barely filtering into the large white room gave her an idea of early morning, but the digital clock on the table beside the bed gave her a different story. It was well after one. She let out another groan as she closed her eyes, the pulsing still there. What happened last night? She couldn't recall anything, which may have been for the better if her terrible headache was any indication of what happened.

Seth easily pulled her closer to him, her face smashing into his hard chest. Liv squeezed her eyes shut, trying not to think of the reasons why he was shirtless and for his behavior of keeping her close. Well, the galloping of her wildly thudding heart and the tingling of her skin was something that usually happened around him so she was more inclined to ignore those. Blinking her eyes open, she felt the burn and also the bags under her eyes. Or was that just the mascara sticking her eyelashes together?

Liv's breath formed a lump in her throat, unable to move in her state of shock, wonderment and other conflicting emotions she didn't want to acknowledge. His lips were a perfect shade of pink, full enough to want to eat. His jawline made her weak and those high cheekbones made her feel inferior to him. And those lashes, she was evidently jealous of but couldn't help to just admire as they brushed his high cheekbones, like the wings of a butterfly ready for take off. Before she could understand what that meant, his eyes were now on her. The sudden shock of vibrant blue with traces of violet had her frozen, unconsciously pushing herself closer to him. She would be a fool to not notice the intensity of her attraction to him. The nervous flutter in her stomach didn't make it any less obvious. The air between them sizzled, and she knew in that moment he felt it too; that indescribable pull that defied logic.

He then leaned down, his hand in her hair holding her in place even though there was no need, she couldn't move even if she wanted to. His lips met hers in a soft caress that was far worse than if he had hungrily crushed his lips to hers like barbarian she expected him to be. She wouldn't be able to feel so out of her comfort zone. This wouldn't feel so totally perfect. So right. But it couldn't be. She was in the bed with the wrong man. Or was she kidding herself?

With as power as she could garner, she managed to pull away from the kiss; her lips tingling with the need for more. She kept her eyes closed, making sure her gaze did not connect with his whirlpool blue one. Liv couldn't afford her mind to be seduced by this man.