Don't judge a girl because she's wearing trousers

I carefully picked up a navy bobble from my glass, nightside table. Only I knew how much I loved pink, as most girls my age adooored pink. In a swift motion, I tried to uncombed my messy hair with my fingers and then tied it up into a high ponytail. I looked into a small mirror that was on my dressing table.

"Not bad..." I thought; I didn't look that ugly.

My brown eyes sparkled as they met their reflection in the mirror. I closed them slowly and took a deep breath, swallowing the fresh morning air. Nowadays, the times that I was left alone were quite rare.

I counted in my head: "one, two, three..."
there was a confident knock on my door.

"One second!" I shouted and immediately ran to the balcony. "Come in!" I said again. Before the maid could open the door, and as I knew it took them at least three seconds (for curtesy reasons),

I jumped over the balcony rail and hung onto the pink roses growing on the wall. I lowered down a bit just so I could reach the white rope I had put there myself ages ago for escaping. I knew that behind all that thick greenery, nobody would suspect anything.

The maid paced anxiously up and down, trying to find me. "Miss Cleo? Are you there?" She was new;it was clear by the sound of her voice. My normal maid would just shout until I'd reveal myself, which was what I usually did.

But no, not today. I had other plans for today.