Big bad secrets

Omg thanks so much for nearly 120 reads! If you're enjoying my story, stay tuned for more, and I promise, I'm gonna try and post more chapters!

I woke up, after what seemed like an eternity. The cold air hit me hard. I looked around and Laurent was nowhere to be seen. I can't say I was scared of what he said, but it was suspicious that he just disappeared.

Then I noticed blood coming out of the back of my left hand. I must have fell too hard, I guessed. Strangely enough, I found some white paper towels next to me. In the middle of the forest.

I decided to use them before something else happened to me, and took a small walk round the place. "Laurent? Are you there?" I asked. Which is, a silly question indeed, because he, not only left me, but may as well have been the one to make me unconscious. Nevertheless, I continued to look.

I walked behind a tree as carefully as I could, and looked helplessly. Laurent was on his knees, looking at the sky. I couldn't quite make out his face, but he looked devastated from the back.

Yes, sitting in the middle of the forest on your knees and looking up to the sky, is totally normal, I told myself. *if you didn't notice the sarcasm in 'totally normal*.

My thoughts were interrupted by Laurent, smashing the ground with his fists.

"Why can't I be normal?" He growled, to the imaginary person in front of him. Well hell, you are anything but normal...
Shit, don't say bad things about people you know nothing about Cleo! And there it was again, memories flashing by, of my father, telling me those exact words in my bedroom, many years ago. My eyes started to water without my permission.

I must have gasped or something, because Laurent turned around abruptly. His eyes pierced right through me, and his look was deathly. "What are you doing here? What did you see?" He demanded. "Only you crying in the middle of the forest. But hey, I have a more important question to ask, what happened to me back then?" I said, with a sudden flair of courage.

He hesitated and sighed deeply. "What happened with you and your family?" He asked me, out of the blue.

My heart skipped a beat.

How could he possibly have known that? That information was going to be sent out in a weeks time!
I stated to talk, before he added: "What where you doing here Cleo?" Good, he didn't know.

No one really needed to know until I was ready to tell them. His black eyes stared at me. I couldn't tell him though, I didn't know if he was dangerous or not.

"I can't tell you,"I told him, "unless you answer me that question yourself," I smirked. "Yeah, no freaking way I'm gonna do that," he laughed to himself.

I rolled my eyes angrily.

I was tired of this little game of his, smirking and laughing and not answering questions. "Why the hell did I faint? Tell me NOW!" I practically screamed at Laurent.

He raised his eyebrows, obviously he was surprised at my attitude.

Sighing, he patted the rock next to the one he was sitting, and said, "promise you won't tell anyone?"

He looked dead serious, and that scared me.  I sat down next to him, now fully aware of everything around us. "Sure, what's your big bad secret?" I joked.

He scowled at my attempt of a joke. "This is serious! Can't you just promise me to not tell anyone?" He stopped for a bit and smiled, "or even better, how about I threaten you that if you tell anyone, one of your most beloved people will die?"

My sarcastic attitude was cut right there. "Fine," I shrugged, making it seem like it was no big deal. Laurent sighed and looked up to the sky. "You may not believe this, because, for all you know, you're only human," he started.

"Well so are you!" I pointed out.
Even though I could see no joke, he laughed loudly.

"No, Cleo, I'm not. I'm a beast. More specifically, I'm a Possum Ignesium. One of a kind. What that basically means, is that I look and talk like a human, but I eat humans, or animals, if I'm vegetarian, which I am. I try to narrow it down to fish though. I can run as fast as light, and start fires. Fire is my speciality. And no, I am the only one of my species as far as I'm concerned. I'm dedicated to protect humans, even though I should be eating them. And to answer your question, you fainted because you were attacked by a Colt, which is a specie that does eat humans. They are probably the most dangerous species out there. That's why little girls shouldn't travel in the forest all alone...And I knocked you on the ground to protect you. I know, don't thank me. Is that everything you wanted to know?"

"It's a good start", I gasped, his words still echoing in my ears.