Realisations

Heyyy guys sorry this is a very short chapter, but it actually says a lot about what's going to happen in the future, so I guess it's worth it! Oh, and thanks so much for nearly 150 reads! Can we get to 200 reads after this chapter? I'm hoping to write some more now, but I have many things going on in life, personal stuff, schoolwork...anyway, please be really patient and I will provide you with a few more chapters before Christmas! I might even do a Christmassy chapter if you guys want, so comment below if you would like that ( I will do it if I get more than 5 comments!) Sooo, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

For the first time in my life, I felt afraid. Lost. At home, I had everything. Food. Clothes. A bright future ahead of me. Now, I had no one to tell me what to do. All my life I wished and wished for complete freedom, and now that I had it, it terrified me more than anything. And what did Laurent mean by: " it's your job to figure it out?" What was I going to do? Okay, to state the facts: I was about to become prime Minister. And I absolutely hated that. But who was going to become prime minister??

Suddenly, it hit me. For someone who had just learnt my life story, it was totally obvious! I was NOT going to become Prime Minister!

That was what Laurent was going on about! And as for who was...simple: whoever I choose is fit for the role! I couldn't believe it! But then, wouldn't the public think that it's quite unfair that I choose the Prime Minister, or that I have a favourite? So why don't I use the basic rules of Democracy and make the public decide? That's it! Break the tradition!

Just at the thought of that phrase, I felt a bit scared, probably ashamed of breaking the rule my family has always followed. But then again, I felt this small emotion of freedom at the bottom of my heart, slowly growing bigger and bigger! I felt free, as for the first time in a very long time. The chains of my father's commands and wishes had broken free from my body.

This year, Cleo Barclay was going to host the first Public Elections! Omg, that actually sounds so professional, I thought and smiled.

Realising it was now getting quite dark and I was in a forest, alone, I ran off to my house, buzzing with ideas for a new beginning.