"****! Watch where you're going!"

Well, thank you everyone for 90 reads!! I really hope you enjoy my story, and feel free to send me any questions if you want to. Can we get to 110 reads before I publish the next chapter ? Also, if you liked my story, please don't forget to vote on it and comment!!

A sudden thought hit me. My dad died. My mum was...devastated. My dad was the prime minister of Bostiena. If something happens to my parents, the law says I become the next prime minister. Oh, shit.

Great! Not only my father has just died, but I'm gonna be prime minister. This is just great. What I've always wanted! (If you haven't noticed the sarcasm, then here, I just told you). Going back to everything I've learnt over the past years, I realised I had a week until I would become prime minister. Well, the country can't stand on its own without a ruler.
But why me? Oh, because my dad's descendants have all been prime ministers in the past. I guess it's like the royal family, only it's with prime ministers.

It's just tradition.

I don't want to be prime minister though, i thought. "Too bad you're going to upset your poor father then..." a voice whispered in my head. Unfortunately for me, it was right.

My dad always prepared me to succeed him. From the very day I was born, I was the next prime minister, whether I liked it or not. Unlucky right?

He taught me politics. He taught me how to debate. He taught me how to get out of an uneasy situation. Simple life hacks, yet very useful. He always expected me to be as good as him in everything. Maybe even better. And I wasn't. I hated politics. I loved maths. I hated history. I loved art and writing. I always thought I was a disappointment to him. An accident. I always thought he'd give me up for every strong, brave lad in the public. He probably would.

I sat on a log nearby and thought. I'm sorry, Dad. I can't do this.
I wasn't made for politics.
I was made for designing.
Nature.
Beauty.
I can't rule a country.
I will never be able to.

I'm sorry.

And with that, I turned and ran deeper into the forest.

"****where do you think you're going?" I suddenly winced, as I realised I had fallen down, on top of someone.
Great.
"I'm so sorry," I quickly got up. "Here," I offered my hand to the stranger on the floor. He looked at my hand and shook it. I was about to tell him that I offered my hand to help him get up, not to shake it, but he abruptly jumped up. He must have been a year older than me, at around 14. He had blondish brown hair and emerald eyes, I noted down.

I realised then, he was staring at me.
"Oh, I'm Cleo by the way," i smiled. He managed a shrug back. "Laurent. And can I just ask, what brought you in this forest at this time of day?" he smirked, obviously enjoying the awkward position he'd put me in.

"I should ask the same thing...what could a handsome boy like you be doing in the woods?" I smiled.
Number one rule to 'overpower' someone: flatter them, to make them think that you have weakness over them. If he really thought that I sweet-talked people because I really meant it, then he's definitely lost in the valley of lies. To my surprise, he rolled his eyes, but not in an annoyed way.

Gosh, I thought, he should have blushed, like most do, but instead, there he was, rolling his eyes at me. "Flattery doesn't work on me, honey," he smirked again.

Damn. He knew my trick.
"Whatever," I said, getting more annoyed as time passed, "I had some business to do."
Laurent laughed and held my gaze for a few seconds.
"In the middle of the woods. And for who, may i ask, are you collecting pretty little flowers for?"

It was my turn to roll my eyes. "It's none of your business, Laurent," I exclaimed, emphasising his name like I didn't believe it was his real name.

"I know," he said and turned to me again, "but do you wanna learn why I'm here?" A small smile spread across his face. I wasn't sure what I should answer to that. This dude seemed very suspicious, in many ways.

"Sure, why not," I answered, before adding, "no one ever learnt anything without curiosity!" He thought about it for a bit and replied, "you do know, there's a saying that says: curiosity killed the cat..." Wow, was he actually kidding me?

"Whatever. Why are you here though?"

My constant flair of curiosity finally pushed him to telling me.

"I like hunting. Once or twice a week, I walk around the forest, searching for humans to eat. You can't live more than two or three weeks without food, am I right?"

I didn't get to decide if he was serious or not.

Blackness creeped over me again.