The unfortunate events of going to the City

Woah, hold up, 235 reads? Thank you 😊
As I said, I am going to post at least two more chapters now that it's Christmas. And yes, I am going to do a Christmassy chapter because certain people *cough cough* like IzzyWizzy_3 were...really demanding! Hey, and don't miss out on her cool Markiplier and the Unfortunate events of Izzy stories, okay? Make sure to read them and follow her! (No, IzzyWizzy_3 has not sponsored me😂)
But for now, I hope you enjoy this chapter and byee!

It was pitch black. Probably late night, I would have thought. I was all alone, and it was cold. I looked at my arms and legs, and all I was wearing was a pair of fitness shorts and a short-sleeved top. One way or another, I was going to freeze to death, I thought to myself. Then I heard someone scream. It wasn't the scream of fear though. It was another type. The type of scream when you're ready to defeat your opponent in a race and you're screaming to give yourself self-confidence. The type of scream when you know you are going to win.

Only then I realised I was being followed by some strange looking men. Some of them wore a black jacket with silver spikes and their hair was all...shaved off. They were coming after me.

I started running then, running for my life. But the men were obviously faster. They would soon catch me if they carried on this way.

Run, breathe, run, breathe....my heart was beating so fast, it would probably pop from the high speed! The younger man was only a metre away from me, and he didn't seem to be getting tired at all. Usually by this time, I would have been exhausted from all the running, but now, I was just sprinting the whole time. I guess that's how dreams work though.

However, it seems I wasn't quite as fast. Two other men caught up with me and grabbed me by my gastrocnemius, making me fall on the ground. The bigger man approached me and I felt a ripping noise. Could have been anything, really, but I could smell fresh blood.

I woke up screaming.

I sat up on the bed, panting. This can't really be happening, I thought to myself. Maybe Chief's men don't want to kill me! Maybe the just won't do the best they can to protect me. Maybe it was all little mind tricks and suspicious thoughts my brain made up.
Still, the harsh way that Chief spoke to me last night...I couldn't get it out of my head. There was something really wrong about it. Or maybe it was just someone trying to help me by hitting me hard with the truth that most people thought I wouldn't be able to cope with.

Suddenly, I remembered the reason why I was here in the first place. I was going to find someone to make the country proud, whether I was protected, or not.

"Good morning Chief!" I said cheerfully, as I descended down the noisy stairs.

He was quite surprised, after our last night 'fight'.
"Good Morning, Cleo," he shrugged politely back.

"So erm..where are we going today?" I asked. The situation was really quite awkward.

"I was considering that we go to the main city. You know, all the shops and buildings....I think you will like it a lot!" He said, his eyes glittering. Or I was just imagining it.

"Sure," I replied, maybe too slowly. He would be fast to pick up something was wrong if I wasn't careful to not show him that I was suspecting him of future murder or rape.

I dressed with my white blouse and some skinny, black jeans. I put on my trainers and wig and I was ready to go.

Back in the Jeep, I couldn't miss that something was really weird. The bodyguards and the Chief were all so happy, like it was a holiday or something. Yes, it sounds bad saying that when you're happy, you're being weird, but there was something about them. They were just too happy, if that is possible. Too happy to be convincing.

I wondered what they were up to.

Time lapse: five minutes later

We were nearly there. Five more minutes. The city was huge, by the looks of it, and so, so pretty. Last time I had been here was when I was nine. Not much had hanged since five years had passed.

We got off the car soon enough, and we started walking around the city buildings. I was awed in front of all this....universe that I never interacted with. For the first time ever, I felt like I was missing on life. I felt annoyed that I never went to a school and never made any friends. I realised my dad had been keeping me in a cage for so long. Now the cage was open, and the bird was freed.

I occasionally popped my head in shops to look at the people. "But how will I know which one is the right one?" I asked Chief. My suspicion of him was slowly fading away.

"Good question, Cleo. Well, you have to look at what the person has learnt, what they know, and their skills. Also, you should consider the money issue too;you cannot have someone poor ruling the country. Lastly, although it is not a big one, what if they do not want to rule? Then you have to start over again."

"Hmm..." I replayed his words in my head. That person, will be very hard to find, I thought.

As we passed around some worldwide shops like, Zara and I did some shopping while I was at it. I really wished we could just move to the central city so I could do this every day.

An hour passed, then another. I was becoming quite tired from all the walking, but the bodyguards still seemed like they just woke up and they had a free day ahead of them.

Chief suggested that we stop to eat something before we starve to death, even though we had eaten two hours ago, but I agreed. I wouldn't mind a chocolate muffin for an early lunch.

Chief found this 'atmospheric and delicious' place, about ten minutes away from the Central City.
I really didn't mind because I was famished.

Time lapse

I was walking in front of the bodyguards and the chief, like I was the leader in a gang or something.
I was about to take another step, but two big arms grabbed me violently. They threw me to the floor from what must have been quite high, because my knees and arms immediately started bleeding. One of them punched me straight in the face so that my lips were all cut and damaged.

And they started running.

I stayed there, pretending to be dead for an uncountable amount of time.