Chapter 12

My eyes wide open in shock I see Daehyun smiling, clearly pleased. I frown at him and fold my arms over my chest turning away.

"Are you mad?" He teases me jokingly.

I slowly turn towards him, my lips pursed. I was about to yell at him when all of a sudden, he interrupted me.

"Ok ok... I won't do it again a promise!" His hands held up in surrender.

"Humph. You better!" I shoot back at him.

He laughs and I get up to leave, Daehyun not following too far back.

"Thank you MinJi!" I wave gratefully!

"You welcome, come again!" She smiles.

"The cheesecake was good! Thanks!" Daehyun replied dreamily.

"Haha you welcome! Bye!" MinJi waves.

We head out the door to find Junhong waiting outside shuffling around nervously.

"What's wrong?" Daehyun's mood immediately changes, rushing towards him.

"Hyung... We've got some trouble. Exo challenged to have a band battle. See who gets the girl or something..." He mumbled.

Daehyun looks at the sky and mutters a few profanities.

"Is Sohyun a type of object that could be tossed around here and there?!" He yelled his voice like thunder.

Junhong shrugs and looks at his feet, his hands in his pockets.

"You should start heading back." Junhong warned.

"Come on, let's go." Daehyun grumbled, calmly taking my hand.

The walk back to school is silent. Junhong walks behind us like a mouse, and I constantly examine Daehyun's pained and agitated face. The crease that is visible near his eye brows appear, that means he is deeply worried.

He looks at me finally.

"Don't worry about it...it'll be fine. I'll try to make them not consider this and think again." He explains quickly.

I nod my head once and look ahead. My grasp on his hand tightens and I breathe heavily wondering what will happen.

We arrive at school not too late, I see Exo and B.A.P sitting at one of the round tables. The B.A.P members stand up and immediately greet us. The Exo guys just stare at us, a competitive look on their faces.

"They won't give up." Yongguk sighs, even the peaceful leader giving up.

"They won't listen." Youngjae and Himchan shake their heads in disapproval.

Jongup just stares at us, a helpless look on his face. Junhong takes his side and they all look at us.

"I don't mind it." Junhong states sheepishly.

I smile in gratitude and pat his back.

"It's ok...you guys won't sacrifice your precious time for me." I reassure him.

Daehyun is silent, standing there, staring at Baekhyun's oddly tranquil face.

"Let's make a deal." Daehyun clears his throat. "If we clearly prove to you that we are better than you guys...you guys have to stop this nonsense, understand?

I gasp. No this can't be. He's agreeing.

"That's all I ever wanted, and all I'll ever need!" Baekhyun agrees standing up offering a hand to Daehyun.

They shake hands, their grasps tight, and the deal is on.

"We start tomorrow." They finalize.