Dazai X Reader •rainy days• (SFW) (FLUFF)

'Another damn storm' (y/n) thought to herself. 'And Dazai isn't even home...' with a heavy sigh, (y/n) made her way to the comfort of her shared bed. Lifting up the beetle done covers, (y/n) slowly gets into bed. Looking out the window at the rain, (y/n) prayed her lover was okay. 'It's not very late, but the weather is still bad..' (y/n) thought. Turning away from the dark outside of the window, the soft silky covers lull (y/n) to sleep as the pounding rain gave (y/n) a calming rhythm. The smell of Dazai lingers on the bed sheets, making (y/n) cuddle deeper into the grey silk sheets.

Not long after (y/n) falls into a deep sleep, Dazai runs from across the empty street over to the doorstep, shaking his umbrella and wavy wet locks of the cold rain. Dazai walks into the apartment, shedding his coat and shoes,  placing them neatly near the door. "(Y/n)? I'm home~" Dazai coos, hoping for your sweet voice to fill his ears, while running up to him and crushing his slender body in a warm and welcoming embrace. You are his lover, after all. The thought brings a smile to Dazai's features, till he realizes that you haven't answered his call yet. Dazai looks around, trying to find any sign of you being home. 'She's home, her coat and shoes are still on the counter.' Dazai pondered. 'Where could that beautiful woman be?'

Looking in the kitchen, laundry room, and living area, Dazai had no luck. 'Hmm... I bet she is upstairs.' Dazai guesses. Stepping lightly up the stairs to the bedroom, Dazai peeks in, catching a glimpse of the covers hugging your sleeping figure. 'There you are, (y/n).' Dazai smiles, removing his tie and unbuttoning his shirt half way. Careful not to wake you up, Dazai slips under the warm embrace of the sheets, sliding his slender arms around your torso. Dazai's face cuddles deeper into (y/n)'s neck and hair once he catches your sweet scent. Thus, making (y/n) toss over into Dazai's chest.

•Dazai's POV•

As (y/n) turns over towards me, a smile graces my face. Running my fingers through her hair, kissing her forehead as she slept, holding her body closer to mine as she grasp my shirt for it's scent made me feel happy. Of course, her legs intertwined with mine, soaking up my body heat as she did every night. 'I'm so lucky' I grinned down at her calm face. Her features resting so peacefully.

"Dazai?" (Y/n) faintly whispers, knocking me out of my thoughts. "Yes love?" I ask, rubbing her hair back out of her sleepy face. "When did you get home?" (Y/n) ask, rubbing her eyes of sleep. "I just came in, sorry I'm late." I say shamefully. As much as I hated to leave her here alone, I always looked forward to seeing (y/n) after a long day. "Go back to sleep. I'll watch over you." I smile at her.

A small smile graces
(y/n)'s sleepy face, as she nods and snuggles deeper into my chest. "As long as you hold me..." (y/n) trails off back to sleep. "I promise, I'm not going anywhere, my love." I say, rubbing her hair, kissing her sleeping face all over, before I wrap my body around hers, as if I was protecting (y/n). "Sleep good, (y/n)" I say, kissing her lips, and wrapping my arms around her.
The rain might have slowed me down, yet, my love for (y/n) still burns, and no rain will ever put that out.
---------------------------
It's not very long, but it's a short little fluff HarukaTomoe asked for. I'm still in the works for a few more request, so please keep patient! Thanks again,

-Rae✨