2

School is done for the day and I'm off to my usual place, the auditoruim. Other dancers go there after school to pratice routines or just to improv. Ava decides to come with me today and I'm glad. I go to the changing section and I put on my Nike shorts and a different shirt. Ava changes too which means I won't be dancing alone today. She used to be a dancer until she quit a couple of years back. I want to use the auditorium as time to work on my dance for the talent show, it never hurts to get a head start.

"Back again, I see and you brought a friend! Sweet!" Arthur comes walking through the door.

"Ha, Ava this is Arthur." I introduce them to each other.

"Hey, nice to meet you." Ava speaks to him and he nods his head.

"How is your talent show performance coming along?" He asks me.

"I'm in the process of picking a song, it needs to be perfect." I see Ava tilts her head at me. I forgot to tell her about the talent show.

"Let me help." Arthur pulls out his phone and sits on the floor. Ava and I follow him.

After explaining to her that I'm going to stop being so afraid and go for it, she grabs my hand and tells me that she's proud of me.

"Okay so what story do you want to tell with this dance?" He starts the song finding process.

I know exactly what story I want to tell but I don't know how to tell them that. I want to tell the story of me possibly liking a girl. And I use the word possibly very lightly. The person who causes me to feel weird on the inside is a girl. I never thought that would happen to me, but it did. I'm afraid how my friends would see me if they ever knew this about me, it's hard enough to know this about myself. This dance will be me telling my story and the song is a big part in this story.

"Uh, I'm not completely sure." I tell a huge lie.

"Okay, how about we find a song about love, have you ever been in love?" He asks while still looking at his phone.

"No!" I say a little too loudly and fast. Both of them give me that 'it's not that serious' look. I'm definitely not in love I know that for sure. I don't even talk to her but somehow that doesn't matter, it doesn't stop my heart from doing flips whenever she's around. Could this be a crush? Am I just so in denial that it's stopping me from thinking clearly?

I am snapped out of my thoughts by Ava snapping her fingers in my face.

"Earth to Nyla, start searching for a song, okay?" She starts looking too.

I go through every slow song I can think of but none of them fits my situation which I don't expect it to be spot on but pretty close would be cool. I decide to improv and hope that a song comes to mind but I have time to figure it out.

We leave to school at about four thirty and Ava and I go back to my house to change and meet up with Remi and Lucy. Our favorite buger spot has been here for years and we don't plan on stop coming here anytime soon. When we walk in the door Remi and Lucy are already sitting at our usual table.

"You guys look like you've been dancing. You have a dancers glow." Remi says with a goofy tone.

I just look at her because I have never heard of a dancers glow before but I'd expect something like that to come out of her mouth.

"I can't wait until Christmas break, mainly because of the break part but also because of the Christmas vibes." Lucy has a huge smile on her face.

Christmas is so soon, we go on break a week after the talent show. They never make the show after break. Every year the girls and I do secret Santa and it's actually pretty fun. The talk of our table is Christmas themed thanks to Lucy but I don't mind. My mind kind of starts drifting away from the conversation.

"Only Told The Moon!" I gasp.

"What?" My friends say simultaneously.

"The song I'm going to dance to in the talent show is called Only Told The Moon by Camila Cabello, it's perfect!" I chose this song because I can realte to it a lot.

"I love that song! I can't wait to see what choreo you put with it." Ava is just as excited as me.

"Woah, woah, woah, talent show? Since when?" Lucy and Remi both look at us with anger.

"Since earlier today, I decided to try something new." I try to sound sweet so they'd be less mad.

I was going to tell them but I just didn't get around to it. I think what really makes them mad is the fact that I told Ava before them, which really isn't that big of a deal either.

"Wow." Remi looks away.

"Relax guys, It's not the serious, I was going to say something and I only just made the decision today." They're overreacting but I'm just going to let it go.

"I'm going to be doing a contemporary solo and I can finally start working on the dance, I just need to sign up when they put out the forms to make it official." I say, happier.

They don't stay mad for long, our burgers seem to make things better. I go home a couple of hours later and I'm exhausted. After homework, chores, and taking a shower, I'm finally able to lay down and relax.

I always have the t.v on while I scroll through instagram, the background noise is relaxing to me. I always go through the pictures on the the explore page but sometimes you never know what you're going to see. As i'm scrolling I see a picture that causes me to drop my phone straight on my face.

That really hurt and I'm almost positive I'll have a bump on my face by morning. A selfie of the girl I might have a crush on is on my screen. I refrain from ever saying her name because just hearing it makes my heart race. Her name is Reese Easton and her face is on my Instagram explore page. I pick my phone up off of my face and I see that someone I follow liked her picture, that explains why I'm looking at it.

I also see the like button is red and not white. I must have liked her picture when my phone hit my face, why is this happening to me? I unlike the picture as fast as I can and get off of my phone for the night. After that mini heart attack I just had, I need to get some sleep.