Chapter 5

Sunlight pierced your eyelids. Half asleep still, you rolled over to avoid the sunlight. You could hear soft breathing coming from a form in front of you. This time you let your eyes flicker open. The soft image of Jae sleeping with his mouth open burned itself into your memory.
You frowned, the last thing you remembered was laying on his chest with your eyes dipping closed. Even though you were in his bed there was no way something bad had happened. Carefully, you brushed away the hair falling over his face. Seeing him as vulnerable as this made your heart beat double its normal rate. There was something about him that was just so innocent in sleep.
He groaned quietly and reached out, one of his hands grabbing your waist and pulling you into his chest. You let out a small squeak.

One of his eyes opened and looked at your shocked face, he smiled at you. "Good morning beautiful."

A small shy smile leapt to your lips, a brush crept over your cheeks. "Hi."

"How are you feeling this morning?"

"Good actually," upon hearing his sleep soaked voice you involuntarily swallowed. There was something very attractive about a mans voice after he's just woken up.

"I'm glad. It's about time you got a decent amount of sleep." Jae rubbed your waist comfortingly, you noticed that your leg felt especially bare.

"What am I wearing?" You looked down to see yourself with a pink shirt on, and not much else. Your cheeks burned.

"When I brought you in here last night you looked kind of uncomfortable. I didn't want you to sleep badly so I took off your shoes and belt - but then you asked me to take off your jeans." His face was as red as yours felt.

"Oh." You buried your head in his chest upon realising what underwear you had on. "Oh my god I'm so sorry."

He laughed awkwardly, "it's okay, I didn't mind really."

Jae leaned back, forcing you to look at him. His smile was soft and genuine. You resisted the urge to put one of your hands in his cheeks and pull him closer. He removed his hand from you waist and - as if he could read your mind - placed it on your cheek.
He leaned into you, your breathing increased and your heart began to beat rapidly. He noticed and smiled, you heard him let out a shaky laugh. With a smile you bit your bottom lip gently. Jae leaned even closer to you, his breath washing over your damp lips.

"JAE! YOU LEFT THE - oh my god." One of Jae's flat mates stormed into his room. You kept back from Jae pulling the covers up to your chest instinctively, his friend clocked this and looked at Jae with wide eyes.

"No way, you didn't? While we were all in the flat? How were you so quie-"

"Shut up! Turn around and walk back out of my bedroom!"

"But-"

"No, out!"

The other boy turned and left, his face almost as red as your own. Jae looked over at you, mildly horrified.
"I am so sorry about that, Brian likes to walk into my room whenever he feels like it-"

"It's okay. It's not like we actually did anything,"

"Oh no, of course - I'm just y'know-"

"Yeah, no. I get it-"

"Yeah..."

You both stared at each other awkwardly for a few minutes. You laughed and looked around the room, looking anywhere but at Jae. Were the pair of you about to kiss? Who knows. Thanks to Brian.