Chapter Nineteen

Listen: How Does It Feel-Citizen//Beverly Hills-Wheezer//Towers-Little Mix//Into Your Arms-The Maine//Secrets-One Republic//Last First Kiss-One Direction//Mine Would Be You-Blake Shelton.

Chapter Nineteen

Finally Friday rolled around, and I had gained a class because Mr. Tankersly got everything switched and all my grants paid for my new courses. Luckily, since it was earlier in the semester, it was really east to catch up. And my professors were extremely helpful. 

It was four o'clock by the time I trekked back to the house, and when I looked over, there were frat boys scattered across the lawn, working like the seven dwarfs. One was mowing grass, shirtless and sweaty, more were trimming bushes and pruning the trees, and one was pressure washing the front of the house. They looked a sight, and I don't think I'd ever seen frat boys working so hard. Well, unless you count the rain party...

Shaking my head, I made my way into the house and was recruited to start making baggies for the older sisters. They were some sort of gift bags, and I kicked off my shoes and put my bag away before joining a few of the other freshman sisters in stuffing bags. I also got to bedazzle things, and that was pretty fun. 

When I finally finished with Cassie's and another girls bags, I made my way sluggishly up to my room. Sam was already there, studying for a major test in her Econ class, so I was extra quiet. I just plugged in my headphones and grabbed my clothes for a run, changing quickly and throwing my hair up as I left the house again. It was seven o'clock now, and I stretched to my 5 Seconds of Summer before I started my exercise. 

I heard my name being called over my music, so I took out my headphones to see Zayn waving his arms frantically. He was in a nice black button up, the sleeves rolled to his elbows to accommodate the heat, his tattoos on full display. He looked fantastic in his chinos and Sperry's, and I applauded him as I walked up the steps. 

"Well, don't you look model-esque?" I said, and he struck a sexy pose that made me laugh. "Thanks babe. We need pictures taken, and it looks like you're our girl." He said, and I smiled at him, nodding. "Yeah, okay. Where do you want to take them?" "In here, it's too damn hot outside." He said, and I nodded, following him into the house. 

It looked spotless. It was all clean and decorated, candles lit and centerpieces on the table. It was fancy but manly, and I was actually very surprised and impressed. 

There were boys all over the place, all dressed up in different shapes and forms. Some were struggling with ties, while other chose to go without them like Zayn. I was led over to the living room, where all of our group was gathered, some sipping on beers and all of them talking. "I got a photographer! Niall, I need the camera." Zayn announced, and everyone shut up and turned to us. 

I was hugged by everyone except a familiar blonde, who handed over his camera to Zayn and refused to meet my eyes. "Alright, everyone line up." I said, stepping back so that I could fit them all in the picture. Zayn stood next to Liam, arms around each other and a hand placed on his broad chest. Louis cuddled into Harry, who had an arm around Niall's waist. Pete tacked himself on the end, Josh coming into the back along with Mikey. "You all look quite handsome." I said, snapping picture after picture to make sure they all looked good and no one was talking or blinking. 

I held the camera out to Zayn, avoiding Niall entirely as everyone thanked me. I turned to leave after hugging Zayn and working out plans to meet him when I turned around, and smacked right into someone. 

Their cologne was expensive and familiar, and a blush crept onto my cheeks as I looked down at the tight tan pants that covered his legs. "Oh, sorry." He said gruffly, and I bit my tongue that wanted to spit out a sarcastic reply, instead keeping my eyes focused on the ground. I could picture the awkward and angry look on his face, the tension tangible as our friends fell silent. We did a small dance and tried to get around one another, eventually succeeding. I walked out of the house with a blush on my cheeks and a hole in my heart.