Ian

You comfort Ian on Thanksgiving night when Monica gets taken to the hospital *You and Ian are best friends*

                             Y/N
  "I'm just going to wash my hands," Monica whispered to Ian, he nodded and then smiled over at me. He invited me to have thanksgiving with his family because my family is a bunch of drunks.

  "Holy fuck," Kevin mumbled when he entered the kitchen.

  I quickly stood up with Fiona to see what was wrong. Monica was sat in the corner of the kitchen surrounded in dark red blood from her now cut wrists.

Ian went into a state of shock, "mom..." he stammered. His eyes became glossy and red.

"Carl, Debbie, upstairs. Now." Fiona ordered. The two ran upstairs now scarred from what they just saw, "Y/N take Ian out of here please."

  I nodded and pulled Ian upstairs to his room. He sat down on his bed and rocked back and forth, "hey, hey look at me" I urged, "everything is going to be okay."

   I heard the ambulance pull up outside and start entering the house. Ian cried harder so I took my hands and covered his ears so he couldn't hear. I held him close to me keeping my hands against his ears.

  The commotion quieted down a little downstairs so I uncovered his ears, Ian still had tears falling from his eyes.

  I moved us so I was leaned up against the wall with his head in my lap, and I started to sing to him softly.

  I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go
When all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember you said don't leave me here alone
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Just close your eyes, the sun is going down
You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound

Don't you dare look out your window, darling everything's on fire
The war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold onto this lullaby even when the musics gone, gone

Just close your eyes, the sun is going down
You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound

Just close your eyes, you'll be alright
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound

  I looked down to see a now sleeping Ian. I sighed and lightly ran my hand up and down his arm.

  "Hey," I looked up and saw Fiona standing at the door looking shook up along with the rest of us. "We're gonna head to the hospital," she stated.

  I smiled sadly at her, "once he wakes up I'll let him know and we'll find a way there."

  "Thanks, Y/N. I mean it, I'm really happy Ian has you in his life," she told me softly.

  "Thanks fi, I'm happy I have him in my life too. I honestly don't know what I would do without him," I confessed.

  "Well, I better get going, I'll see you guys later."

  "Bye." I said as Fiona closed the door behind her.

I leaned down and gave Ian a light kiss on his head, "what if she doesn't make it?" He mumbled tiredly.

"She will, I know she will. Monica is strong," I assured him, but even I wasn't so sure.

"I finally thought she was back for good. That she was finally able to take care of herself and be a better mother," he sniffled.

"She's trying her best Ian, she just has other issues in her way that she hasn't fully gotten a handle of."

Monica is trying her best, even though she stole the squirrel fund, she seemed to be becoming a better mother than before.

"It's just when she's off her meds when shit goes downhill," I sighed, "wanna go to the hospital?"

"Not really, we probably won't be able to see her tonight anyway." Ian mumbled quietly.

"Well why don't we get some sleep then? It's been a long day." He nodded and got under the covers leaving space for me.

"Thanks Y/N, I love you," he said wrapping his arm around my waist.

I snuggled into his chest and closed my eyes, "I love you too Ian."