Naught's & Crosses

Kristen's POV

"WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP! THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THE HOUSE!" Hayley yelled in my ear and I jolted up.

"What?" I asked tiredly and Hayley sighed "Your friends are here to take you to your classes." She explained and I groaned "I tell them every time not to come so early. Occupy them, I'm having a shower." I groaned grabbing a towel on my way to the shower.

I quickly washed myself with vanilla and strawberry body wash and washed my hair with my favourite watermelon shampoo and conditioner and got out, quickly drying myelf off before blow drying my hair.

I pulled on my black ripped skinny jeans and peter pan muscle tank, I did my usual natural make up with winged eyeliner and I curled my hair, pulling a black beanie on to my head.

I sprayed perfume on and made sure I looked okay, which I didn't. I never do.

I sighed in front of the mirror. "You can do this, you can face everyone in your classes because you are strong." I mumbled the same thing I do every morning before class to myself. 

I lit a candle and loaded up a poem website on my laptop as I packed my things ready for class, it seemed a little weird but good poetry made me feel really nice and happy and put's me in a great mood, and fresh linen scented candles calm me down when I'm stressed out.

'Her touch was light as a feather's,

She drifted through life as a pocket of air,

Every move that she made went unnoticed,

A breeze the only slight sign she was there.

Nobody acknowleged her presence,

And it wasn't until she had started to leave,

That people would instantly wonder,

Why it became so much harder to breathe.'

~e.h'

Today's poem was one of my favourites. 

I blew out the candle and smiled at the smell it gave off as smoke sprouted from it, I slung my batman back pack on my back and left the comfort of my room, I checked the hallway clock as I walked past and smiled when I saw I have half an hour before we had to leave.

"What's up losers!" I exclaimed and I was nearly crushed by my friend Marshall as he hugged me "KRISTEN I MISSED YOU SO MUCH" He exclaimed excitedly, I couldn't help but giggle at his adorable slight british accent "It's been like 15 hours since I last saw you you absolute twat" I laughed and he rolled his eyes "Shut up you're like my other half I feel like I'm missing a limb when you're not around!" Marshall groaned and I laughed, He was without a doubt one of my best friends, he is one of the nicest guys out there and is like a brother to me, I'm almost as close to him as I am with John, Tom and Robin.

I smiled at the thought of the boys and Marshall gave me a knowing look "Thinking of the boyfriend again?" He smiled and I nodded blushing slightly. 

"Aw that's so cute!" Marshall exclaimed and I punched him lightly in the shoulder.

My other friends Tahlia and Ebony hugged me and I smiled "Good morning sunshines" I said and they grinned, I'm not as close with them but they are really lovely and good people to talk too, Ebony is on an English literature course and Marshall and Tahlia are in the same music course as I am, Marshall has a great voice and is really impressive on the bass guitar and Tahlia has a really beautiful voice and I love her ukelele playing.