Chapter 5

Turning the key, his SUV shuts off. Louis is knocked out in the backseat, Harry thankful for that. He didn't want his baby to see him cry. 

>That Morning<

"I'm headed out for the day!" Zayn calls tightening his belt on his pants, "Bye Bubba, bye babe." Kissing Harry's cheek, the man smirks, "I'm seeing Gemma today." Zayn nods raising an eyebrow, "If she starts talking about how awful we are as parents to Louis because we let him drink out of a regular cup tell her to cut the crap." Zayn jokes knowing the girl was still that crazy helicopter parent. Harry chuckles rolling his eyes pecking Zayn's lips, Louis' right after hearing the hybrid whine looking between his parents for attention.

Setting Louis on the bed, Harry strips his old shirt off him pulling on an Adidas long sleeve shirt with black skinny jeans and hightop vans, "You're so adorable, do you know that?" Louis giggles nodding having his ears flop, "Well good. Papa loves you so so much." 

"Loves 'ya too Papa." Louis babbles kissing the man again on the lips. 

Once the two were dressed, Harry carries him to the car buckling him in his car seat. The drive was quick, Harry stuck in his thoughts mostly as he drove the miles he seemed to know like the back of his hand to his sister's house. It struck him as weird he knew this route so well, yet had forgotten what seemed like most of his life. 

"Harry!" Gemma greets waving her arms with a grin wrapping them around her brother and nephew with glee. "My goodness, I've missed this monster and you." Harry chuckles ruffling Louis' hair, "He is a little monster." agreeing that his son wasn't the most angelic- Harry knowing in the time he'd been home that Louis had his fair share of being belted due to his favorite words neither father deemed appropriate- Gemma laughs leading them to the living room letting Louis gently play with the nine-month-old Bailey Styles.

"Not that I remember what she looked like before, but man she looks bigger!" Harry exclaimed chuckling softly, "Well, she is about to be a year old soon." Gemma reports softening her smile in the realization of how much Harry had forgotten. 

When the two kids were too focused on either chewing on things or Bailey throwing and Louis retrieving; Gemma captured Harry's full attention as she continued asking him about the small things in his life at the moment. 

When Harry turned towards her his legs crossed over one another, the silver band on his finger caught a stare, "W-what's this?" Gemma asked taking his hand, "Z-Zayn gave it to me, l-last year."

"Why are you wearing it?"

"W-we're together." Harry answered as if it weren't obvious, "Since fucking when?! Harry he left you, or-or you left him." 

"W-what are you talking about?" Harry asks his eyebrows furrowed, "H-he did drugs, t-that's why we got a d-divorce." It was a rushed statement Harry felt was getting less believable every ticking second. 

"Harry who told you Zayn did drugs?" Gemma asks placing hair behind her ear, "H-he did."

"Zayn did drugs, b-but that, that's not why you got a divorce." Gemma admits, Harry feeling the pit of his stomach drop as an overwhelming sickness forms, "W-why did, why did we?" He asks his voice weak, cracking in places, "Hazz, Harry you cheated on him."

>Now<

It all made sense. 

Harry cheated on Zayn, it all made so much fucking sense. He didn't fall out of love with Niall, he fell more in love with Zayn.

Harry left Gemma's the second he was told he'd cheated on Zayn not being able to look his sister in the face any longer. He wondered how in the hell he'd be able to look at Zayn in his sweet hazel eyes.

Did it make him a better or worse man that he lied to Harry? 

>>Small chapter, love you all Emma :)<<