Chapter 6

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"And let you hate yourself?" Zayn asks bitterly in return, he knew due to his own shit luck that the lie he had told an effort to relieve himself of the guilt he carried would be found out soon in all good time. He had just hoped it wouldn't come from someone other than himself.

"It doesn't matter," Harry starts, his bags are packed and resting by the door, "I hurt you, a-and I hurt Niall, didn't I?" 

"Harry please,"

"No, no. U-Until I know more, find out more about me, I-I I can't. I can't sit here all day thinking about how much of a complete piece of shit I've been for a husband!" Zayn tugs on his hair angrily before reaching out to grab Harry's arms holding him in place, "You're not! Okay? We both sucked, I'll be fucking honest. I did drugs, that wasn't a lie. We couldn't have a baby the second time because I couldn't give sperm and you couldn't either."

"W-why couldn't I?"

"Y-you were poisoned. Look, Harry, I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I'm sorry I lied, but I loved you and I still love you so much." Harry covers his mouth, jerking his arm from Zayn in the process, he's attempting to cover the sobs that hurt both his and Zayn's heart at the sound. Harry sounded broke, he wasn't the man that could play some shitty husband part anymore. 

Zayn upon realizing this grabbed Harry's suitcase taking it to his husband's SUV for him. He opens the trunk, placing the back down shutting it gently. 

Harry's followed him outside, he wipes his forest green eyes with the back of his hand, "C-call me when you get somewhere. Louis will want to tell you goodnight." Zayn begs kissing his husband's forehead, Harry sniffles cowering back at the movement, "I-I, I don't k-know h-how long-"

"Take as long as you need, I'll be waiting for you," Zayn swears squeezing Harry's shoulder reassuringly as the man slides into the drivers side starting the car. Stepping back Zayn watches Harry depart as he backs onto the road driving off. 

He enters the house again seeing Louis staring out the window with tears spilling from his eyes, "'ere Papa go?" He asks with whimpers following, his bushy ears sprung up and folded at the ends, "Because Papa's sad baby, he'll be home soon." Louis seems to accept the answer, he nods reaching towards his daddy a smile forming on his lips, "Papa 'comin home happy?"

"Yeah baby boy, Papa will come home happy." Or at least Zayn hoped he would.

>>Sad chapter, burned hand, fat cat asleep next to my head.<<

>Lots of Love, Emma :)<