Captured

I sighed and leaned against the cold concrete wall of the cell. The wind began to howl outside. The large jail cell was bathed in orange light from the setting sun. Calypso was tapping in the metal bars in boredom. Dillon was doing his best to keep Serena warm, as our coats had been taken away in case we were hiding weapons. My bow and arrows had been taken away, as had Dillon's sword and the dagger I had lent Calypso. Not only that, but Amber had been dragged away as well.

"Well this bites." Calypso sighed.

I winced as I tried to look out of the small barred window. The troops in this town were a lot more skilled than any I had encountered before. We were all battered and bruised all over, save Serena. One of them even managed to get a bullet into my leg. We managed to take down two, three troops before getting captured. Four if you count the guy who cut himself on Dillon's sword when our weapons were being confiscated.

A few drops of blood escaped the fabric I had tied around my leg. It took a few minutes for me to finally stand. And even then I had to balance on my uninjured limb. Pulling myself up onto the tip of my boot, I was barely able to look outside.

People passed by the window, making sure to keep a distance. I spotted a few disgusted looks among the small crowds. There was no wood or plants within reach. And the bars were too close together for me to fit through, even as a fox. Which basically meant being an Animega was 100% useless at the moment.

"Anyone have an idea on how we're going to escape?" Dillon asked.

We all thought for a few minutes, as if those thoughts hadn't already been plaguing our thoughts. "I might." Calypso stated. "But I'm going to need it to be a bit darker."

We all sighed in relief. At least one of us was able to come up with a plan. For the millionth time in the last couple of months, I felt completely useless. I couldn't do anything for these people, I felt like I was putting them in more danger than they would be in if I had just left. But every time I was about to ditch them, Aiden would show his smug face and screw something up to the point where I couldn't help but stay for a little while longer.

The four of us waited hours for the sun to finally set. Then we hoisted Calypso up onto the small ledge. She was barely small enough to fit into the small opening, she looked like a cat in a box. The ears and tails didn't help. Calypso scrunched her nose in frustration moments later. "Too much light." She muttered.

The only light that she could be talking about was the series of torches that lined the walls, just barely out of reach. "So?" Dillon questioned.

She thought for a moment. "Take off your shirt." She ordered, pointing at him.

"Excuse me?"

"It's the only thing big enough to shield me from any light. Besides, I'm not asking one of the girls to do it, we do have our dignity you know."

Dillon smacked his hand against his forehead. With a sigh he did as Calypso asked. Even a tall guy like him had to stand on the tips of his toes in order to cover up the window entirely. "Now what?" He demanded. There was no answer. With a confused look on his face, Dillon lowered the shirt to reveal an empty window sill, bars still included. "What is this?" He breathed. "Some kind of magic trick."

Bright green eyes appeared in view, on the other side of the metal bars. "Boo!" A voice shrieked. I nearly fell over in surprise, which didn't help my injured leg. Serena yelped and Dillon swore under his breath. A laugh emitted from the outside. "Oh man! You guys should have seen your faces! I wish I had a camera!"

"What...how...?" Dillon gaped.

"Right, Darkness." I sighed. "I had almost forgotten about that."

Calypso smiled and lay on her stomach in front of the window of our cell, her chin supported by a pair of hands. "So, anything specific you want me to do? Or can I just wing it?"

A small smile threatened to form at the corners of my mouth. "Just get our stuff and find a way to get us out of here. I don't really care what you do until you do, just don't kill anyone unless absolutely necessary."

Her grin widened wickedly, an evil glint flashed in her glowing green irises. "You got it boss!" Jumping up onto her feet, Calypso almost turned to complete her task. Almost. "Oh yeah," she added, "you can put your shirt back on now. It's just plain getting weird now."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Aridis: I AM SO SORRY FOR THE VERY LATE UPDATE. My mind is still not working, and pressure from school isn't helping shiz nit.

Calypso: aw man, things aren't going to get interesting for another year at this rate

Aridis: Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me!

Calypso: You are excused. :3