Chapter 16: Deserted Island (Part II)

Moana gently yet bravely paced her feet outside the cave. The harsh, scorching sunlight was blazing violently that Moana's skin felt hot already. "Hey!" Moana screamed. "You don't scare me! Come and get me! Take all my energy! Have all you want! I bet you can't take it all away if you cower near the sun! Loser! Come and get me!"

Maui watched Moana in the cave from a distance. As Moana taunted Ladaimonio even more, the sunlight slowly began to fade to its normal level. I knew it, Maui thought as he watched Ladaimonio slowly went down to the sandy, golden earth.

So that's how he looks like, Moana thought. Ladaimonio had a really small, short, and ellipsoid body, extremely flat, feathery, and large wings, and was bright and yellow throughout, just like the sun. In fact, he was too bright that his eyes, nose, and lips were invisible, but it was still obvious to Moana that Ladaimonio was angry. No more than angry. Furious. Maybe more than furious. It raised its elegant yet intimidating wings as if it was going to smack Moana. Maui quickly took action. He transformed into a giant hawk, soared quickly across the land and striked Ladaimonio with his wings. Ladaimonio flew away by the strong impact. They were able to hear Ladaimonio growling in anger. When it aggressively crawled towards Moana and Maui to attack them, Moana held up the charm with a figure that resembled Ladaimonio. It shrieked and backed away fiercely. As Moana stepped forward, Ladaimonio stepped backwards.

Moana tried to leap forward so that she can capture Ladaimonio, but then she started to feel unconscious and swooned. "Moana!" Maui screamed as he witnessed Moana fainting. He quickly ran to her, grabbed the charm and quickly placed it on Ladaimonio. He watched as Ladaimonio being sucked into the charm and the charm turned green. As the charm was locked, Maui started to hear the voice: Why me? Why do I have to be this mistreated? What did I do so wrong? All I wanted to do is help people...

"What is this voice?" Maui asked himself. "Is this the voice Moana has talked to me about? It is trying to speak its grievances." He turned to Moana and said, "Hey, Moana, I think I know what you- Moana!" Maui quickly carried her and ran into the cave. He gently placed her down. Moana was breathing heavily in pain and dehydration. "Don't worry, Moana. I'll go find some water. I'll be back." He turned to Pua and pleaded, "Hey, little piglet. Take a good look on Moana and drumsticks." Pua oinked. "I'll go find some water for you too. Be safe." He patted Pua's head, transformed into a hawk, and flew out the cave.

Maui looked around as he flew throughout the island, trying to find any trace of fresh water. Now that Ladaimonio was captured, he no longer needed to worry about his energy being drained. "Oasis... there's gotta be oasis somewhere." After quite some time of rough searching, he managed to find pure pool of fresh water with several coconut trees around. Maui smiled and glided down to pick up some coconuts for Moana, Pua, and Heihei. As he picked up a coconut, he felt even more thirsty than before. "Oh..." he moaned as he tried to ignore the temptation to drink before he gets some to Moana, Pua, and Heihei, who are still waiting in the cave, dying of thirst to wait for Maui to come get something to drink for them. "I shouldn't... no... I... shouldn't..." Maui couldn't resist. He opened a coconut and drank the water from it with a large gulp. "Ahhh... that's so refreshing!" Maui exclaimed as he wiped his mouth. "Wait a minute... I shouldn't be like this. I need to bring water for them!" Maui grabbed several more coconuts and filled up the empty coconut shell with the oasis water. He carried all of them to the cave. Moana was just sitting silently. She seemed to have no energy to move a muscle. "Hey, Moana, did I take long?"

"No..." Moana replied a little weakly.

"Here, I brought you some water," Maui handed the coconut shell full of water.

"I don't think I can hold it," Moana answered.

"He must've take so much energy out of you." Maui held the coconut shell right beside Moana's lips and slightly tilted it so that Moana can drink out of it. "There you go, Moana," he said as Moana gulped.