Chapter 27: Island of Resentment

They all walked down the staircase and saw a bright light downstairs. As Moana and Maui all stepped into the fifth room with Pua and Heihei in their hands, they saw a giant stone walls with bunch of ancient writing and painting carved on them.

"Wow, these ancient paintings are sure mind-blowing although I don't know what they are signifying," Moana said.

Maui took a closer examination. "No, these aren't old."

"What do you mean it's not old?" Moana asked. "Well is it like hundred years old or something?" 

"No, these are pretty recent," Maui replied. "They don't look old. Take a closer look.

Moana took a closer look. She touched the painting. When she looked at the finger that touched the painting, there were some ink smudged on her finger. Moana was confused yet surprised. "But how? How are these all still new? It seems like they were painted like an hour ago or so!"

"I have no idea either, kid," Maui was also bewildered by still-wet paint on the wall. 

While they were trying to figure out the answer to the riddle of the wet paint and the painting all around the wall, the desperate voice triggered their eardrums: "Please... please... please hear me out..."

"Who was that?!" Moana asked as she took her stand with her hands near the giant eel's teeth.

"Show yourself!" Maui shouted as he took his stand with his fishhook.

"Please don't be scared, I won't hurt you," the voice said again. "Please... lower your weapons... I'm scared..." the voice sounded weak yet desperate.

Both Moana and Maui lowered their weapons and continued to stand up like a normal person. "All right, I'll let you talk. What do you have to say to us?" Moana asked in a more friendly manner.

"All I wanted to say," the voice said. "The whole point of this journey is to defeat Kapu'uila."

"What?" Moana was confused.

"What are you talking about?" Maui asked.

"Allow me to show you," the voice said. Then suddenly, all the paintings merged together and started to animate for Moana and Maui to see. As the painting was animated, the voice narrated: "One thousand and two hundred years ago, there was a young boy, who was abandoned by everyone in his village as no one was willing to accept his hard work. He never fought back no matter who much villagers physically and verbally abused him. He finally jumped into the water to end his life. However, the ocean brought him to the gods and goddesses, and gave him special power to help people. 

He was given a power of lightning to completely change the person. He used that power to help someone who was just like him: abandoned, depressed, fallen deeply into despair, and kept resentment towards one or more people. By using his lightning, he changed the person into completely different human being: many became much more talented with certain skills, and some were given fortune to be loved by others no matter what. After doing such nice things to a lot of people, he decided to go back to the village himself where he was first abandoned. He was hopeful that people would have different attitudes towards him.

However, he was wrong, very wrong. People still hated him and wanted him out of the village. The abuse was much worse than before. That was when he lost his conscious. He raged deeply and attacked the village with no survivors. He had a new power to turn everything, along with people whom he helped, into a evil monsters and attack and destroy everything and everyone. As the situation became worse for seven hundred years, when mortal realm believed to have no hope, all the gods and goddesses stepped in to capture Kapu'uila and the monsters he created. Now the monsters are roaming around, spreading evil influences and destruction, while Kapu'uila was held back by Rangi and Papa. It is your job to capture all of them, and fight against Kapu'uila, and bring back the world peace." The animation of the painting stopped. "I drew this just in time..."