Logan (3)

Victoria Bates

"Hey," I opened my eyes to see Logan standing in front of me. "Mind if I sit?" Before I responded he sat down beside me on the sand. I sat up and smiled at him. 

"Yeah, of course."

He smiled and looked down blushing then looked at me serious. "I'm sorry if I started something with you and you're friends."

I shrugged. "That's just Kas, she's very over dramatic and always pinning blame on everyone else. She's just dazzled because you look like everyone's dream guy."

"Everyone's dream guy?" He chucked. "Its my first day, and were not even at school and you're throwing labels at me."

I snorted. "Get used to it buddy. You're in high school. Speaking of school, what grade are in you in."

"I'm a junior, you?"

"I'm a senior." I sighed. "Before you ask, no I haven't applied for colleges. I know the school year is almost over, but I have other stuff to worry about." My dad, I think part of me wants to be there to see if he'll change to the old him. I sighed annoyed by that thought, it was obviously pointless and impossible. 

"Yeah, I bet its hard having to deal with all your powers, and school."

I looked up confused. "Powers?"

"Yeah," He laughed nervously. He stared at me waiting for me to realize what was he was referring. After he realized I was confused  "Your beauty. It must have some kind of hold on any guy around you."

"Oh," I raised my eyebrows. He was pretty damn slick. "Does that mean I have some hold on you?"

"Well I'm sitting here aren't I?" 

"You're so cheesy." I pushed his shoulder and we both laughed. 

"Logan!" Someone in the distance called his name. We both turned around to see a guy standing in the doorway of the big house. There was a 4ft brick wall that separated the beach and their front wall. Kas and I had dreamed about going in that house. 

"That's your house?"

"Yeah," He laughed a little. He stood and helped me up as well. "It's nice."

"Yeah, it is. But you should probably get going." He nodded and I started to turn away.

He grabbed my wrist. "Wait, about that one guy Kas mentioned. Max?"

"Oh, so my hold is working better than I thought." I joked but he was not amused."Matt, but its just-" I sighed. "I don't like him like he likes me. And everyone expects us to be together and its just overwhelming "

He nodded, understanding. "Its  a shame though. You're a sweet girl, you deserve someone you want to be with. Someone who actually makes you happy. But if you need someone to talk to I'm here." I get that all the time, people telling me they're there for me. A lot of people don't understand, or don't want to understand. They're too busy forcing others to think, feel and be like them, if not they're wrong. 

But it had  more meaning with him standing in front of me. I smiled and he smiled back. 

"How about a friendly hug?"

"Logan! Come on!" The guy yelled again more agitated this time.

We hugged and went out separate ways.