Clueless Mark (4)

Logan Marks

"She has no clue about her mark." I said.

My family stood in the kitchen trying to figure out what to do. My mother leaned against the kitchen counter, her arms crossed and her brows furrowed. My father next to her, his arm around her shoulder. My brother Lucus sat at the kitchen table, he seemed annoyed. Lena, my sister stood next me, she was the most interested within the topic.

"So, she's clueless about being a shadow?" Lena was completely surprised. "She hasn't accidentally discovered her powers or anything?"

"Yeah, it doesn't make any sense." My mother agreed. "You said she's a senior, which means she's 17, 18 and her powers have spot through."

"I saw the mark." I was getting frustrated. "Its on her stomach. She's a shadow. It doesn't make sense, I know. But I wouldn't make it up."

"We believe you," My father joined in trying to calm me a bit. "Its just... it doesn't add up."

"It's none of our business." Lucus was annoyed. I don't know what his problem was, but he'd been like this for the past few days. It was ridiculous. "Were getting involved in someone's life maybe she had a witch cast a spell on her or something. Maybe this is what she wants and we're going to go and take it from her." He was now standing looking at everyone for an response. 

"Witches cannot take away shadow powers Lucus. And she's young, there's no way she could get on their bad side yet for them to even punish her." My father stepped in quickly. He was getting agitated with Lucus as well. 

"Maybe I can be her friend?" Lena jumped in ignoring the two of them. "I can talk to her and figure out what she knows and what she doesn't."

"I think Lucus is right." My mom stepped away from my dad and went to Lucus. "We don't have any clue of why she's her powers are not coming through so we shouldn't interfere. What about her family? I mean would they be able to handle it? Maybe they did something to take them to her to suspend them? There are so many possibilities that we have no clue about it."

"If I can get close to her then we can figure it out and help her." Lena really wanted to get close to her. "I mean because of the age she it, if she starts having burst of powers now she wont be able to control it. Shadows have been able to keep quiet for so long we don't want to blow our cover over this one girl."

"Now you're taking it way out of proportion. I say we just let her be."

"Lacie," It almost sounded like my dad had said her name in disappointment. My mom looked down with an expression that I did not recognize. They might be having another argument. They tried to keep them to themselves because they don't want their relationship to effect us. Plus its none of our business.

"I think Lena getting close to her is a good idea. She'll probably get along with a girl better." Dad continued.

"Well me and her did get kinda close at the beach today." I said. "I mean, she'll probably feel more comfortable with me quicker than Lena."

"And that's the problem. A connection between a girl and a guy leads to what you call dating. Those emotions can distract you. I think Lena is best suit for this."

"She's a human being guys," Lucus jumped in again. "Not an experiment. You shouldn't assign your children to stalk someone else."

"Shut up Lucus!" Dad yelled. He didn't yell very often, only when we was really pissed. He really had his mind on set figuring out who she is and everything about her, which only confused me. 

"Logan! Enough!" Now my mother was yelling. There was definitely something going on between them. "Upstairs now!" She pointed in the direction of the stair case. My father hesitated but he obeyed. 

"This is all called off. Were not interfering with this girls life." My mom followed my dad upstairs and the subject wasn't brought up for the rest of the night. For the rest of the week actually.