Chapter 16

Kai
_________________

Kai brought his Bugatti Chiron to a graceful halt, its sleek frame commanding attention in front of Blue Moons, a renowned restaurant nestled within the affluent side of town. Stepping out of the vehicle with an air of confidence, he tossed his keys to the mesmerized valet attendant. The onlooker's gaze lingered on the luxurious car, just one among many in Kai's impressive collection that idled in his expansive garage. These prized possessions were reserved for special occasions, rarely seeing the light of day. Tonight, however, he opted to showcase his Bugatti, as his beloved Dodge truck was undergoing a repaint at the shop and would be ready only by tomorrow morning. Usually, Kai preferred the Dodge truck, or his challenger using them as his inconspicuous mode of transportation, staying off the radar. 

"Fuck, I've seen a lot of nice cars, but ain't never seen this one. The fuck you do for a living man?"

Kai chuckled, never answering him, he only warns him, "Don't wreck my shit." He earned a laugh from Omar who had climbed out of the passenger side.

Sauntering into the building, all eyes were immediately drawn to them. Kai, dressed in pristine white Armani, exuded an air of godliness, while Omar, dressed in sleek black, seemed ready for any potential chaos.

"Are you sure you down for this tonight? People are going to know who you are. Thought the whole reason for you staying behind the scenes was to stay low-key." Omar speaks.

"Got a lot of mothafucka's thinking they can fuck with my operation because I'm lowkey, thinking I'm pussy or something. We about to make a lot of changes."

"When did you start giving a fuck about what other people think?"

"I don't. It's more of a respect thing." Kai stopped in front of the waiter, "Reservations for Fontaine."

The waiter swiftly grasped his request and promptly grabbed some menus, "Right this way Mr. King." Guiding them upstairs to a secluded corner, he brought them to an empty reserved table. Once seated, Kai opened the menu, though he wasn't particularly interested in ordering anything, as he was here solely for business.

"Can I get you anything to drink?" The waiter asked.

"Water, for both of us." Omar quickly answered before Kai could.

"Nah, I don't want no fucking water..."

"Nigga you driving."

"I can handle my weight." Despite a part of Kai knowing that Omar was right, he couldn't resist and ordered an alcoholic beverage regardless. Once the waiter left, Kai began to say something, "Fuck are you doing? I don't need no babysitter."

"Babysitter? You a grown ass man. I'd like to make it home to my girl, tonight, nigga. You drinking and driving ain't good for neither of us. Fuck you got a death wish or some shit? I thought you were sober. What happened that made you relapse?"

"I ain't ask for no therapist tonight, I'm good..." Kai's words trailed off as his eyes fell on the notorious Fontaine family. They were one of the biggest mafia families in the world, and he couldn't help but wonder why they called this meeting. He never had any run-ins with them before, so he hoped they weren't up to any bullshit tonight. He watched as they all sat at the table with no greeting.