~*12*~ He's A F***ing Legend Now...

Chapter 12

"Asser! Wake up, wake up!"

I groaned and turned over, trying my best to ignore the thing jumping on my bed. My eye lids wouldn't open, and I didn't want to open them. I was too tired. I was completely, physically drained. Eric pounced on my back and started shoving me around, but I was too tired to do anything more than let him.

"MOMMY!" he screamed, before bolting out of my room. I sighed and turned my head, shoving it under a pillow when bright light tinted my eyelids red. There was nothing that could get me out of this bed, not now, not ever. It's not like I had anywhere to go anyway. I mean, I have no friends at school and they'll all think I'm a freak, I'm going to die so there's no point in making friends, and if I'm going to die, what's the point of being smart?

"Asher?" my mom asked worriedly as she came back in. I made no move to acknowledge her. Let me sleep, woman! I mentally shouted. School's not worth it, leave me be. Mom gently shook my shoulder. "Asher, sweetheart, wake up."

I shifted slightly when she pushed me and tried to shut my brain off, so I could keep sleeping. When did I fall asleep, anyway? Gosh, my head hurts, and so does my arm. Great! I'm conscious enough to be aware I have a body. When you're asleep, you have an out of body experience.

"Asher, come one baby, wake up!" mom pleaded, shaking my shoulder harder. I groaned and arched my back, pulling my head from under the pillow reluctantly to glare at the woman who woke me.

"Can't you let me sleep?" I grumbled, and then moaned in pleasure when my back cracked a few times. Feeling looser, I sat and looked around. Eric was sitting teary eyed at the end of my bed.

"Oh, thank you lord!" mom breathed, and then wrapped her arms around my waist tightly. "Baby, I thought you had gone into another coma. Oh god I don't know what I would have done."

I chuckled and pushed her off of me. "I'm fine, alright? Shoo, get out," I muttered, pushing her towards the door. She smiled weakly and left the room. As soon as she was gone, I flopped back onto my bed and buried myself under the blankets, not wanting to get up. Maybe she'll think I did that slip in and out think I do all the time, because I really don't want to go to school.

Then of course Eric had to turn on his teletubbies on my TV. I groaned. I don't get how he can watch that show, it just annoys the heck out of me. I went to pull the pillow over my head again when he suddenly pounced on my back and started hitting it with his tiny fists, screaming at me to get out of bed. I groaned and rolled over, which sent him tumbling to the floor. He paused for a moment, lying on his back, and then burst into tears.

I rolled my eyes and hopped out of bed, and then went to my closet and threw on random clothes. Black skinny jeans, gray V neck, and a baggy sweater. It's starting to get chilly now. I pulled on my converses, brushed my teeth, fixed my hair and was downstairs before mom had even heard Eric's screaming.

"Mom, Eric's crying!" I shouted into the living, ripping the brace off my arm. It didn't hurt as much as it did yesterday, so I shouldn't need it.

Before mom could yell at me, I slammed the front door shut and walked over to the shiny blue Aston Martin sitting in the driveway. I guess someone decided I would need a car and brought it here. Good, that was helpful, and I needed it. I pulled out the loose tile on the wall beside the house, where there was a compartment that held the keys. I searched for the one that said blue Aston, which was right on top.

I put the tile back and pressed the button on the keys, then got in and left. This car was smoother than the other one. I had only gotten the other one because it had the scissor doors; I got it when I was maybe sixteen. My parents were trying to make me happy about the car I had been wanting for years and years, since my birthday wasn't long after Abby's loss. But now I hate scissor doors. Especially because that car had put me through so much, and nearly killed me, which would have hurt Izzy, my parents, Eric, the guys at the gym, anyone related to me...