~*14*~ Got It Boss...

Chapter 14

"Attention passengers, you can now safely move around the cabin," the lady on the loudspeaker announced. The seat belt button dinged and the light turned off. I pulled off mine and stuck my earphone in my ears, even though it wasn't playing, and then looked out the window. I was leaving now, on my way to Italy.

A few tears slid down my cheeks as I thought about Izzy. Not even an hour ago, she was lying peacefully on my bed, asleep, unaware I was on a plane to Italy right now. Dad said he'd meet me in the airport when the plane landed, even if it'd probably be three in the morning where he is. There's a nine hour time difference between Italy and Los Angeles.

"Excuse me."

I wiped my tears away and looked up to see a small girl, maybe thirteen years old, was sitting beside me. Her mother was sitting in the seat on the aisle, reading a book.

I smiled at the girl, trying to stop the flow of tears, but they kept coming, and I kept wiping. "Yes?" I asked. My voice was a little gravelly, so I cleared my throat.

"Are you alright?" she asked. Bless her heart. She's such a sweetheart. If only there were more people like her in the world. Then I wouldn't have to leave the possible mother of my baby.

"Um... yeah, I'll be fine," I answered quietly, turning to look back out the window again. There was a tap on my shoulder. I sighed heavily and turned to look at the girl again.

She frowned at me. "That wasn't my question. I asked if you were alright, not if you'll be okay." Why are girls so smart?

I sighed, once again. I contemplated lying to her, since if I told the truth I would get bombarded with questions, most likely. Or I could tell the mother that her kid was annoying me. I decided to just tell her the truth. Not like I'll ever see her again. "No, I'm not okay. I just had to leave the love of my life so I could protect her." I saw the girl's mouth open, so I quickly turned away from her and turned on my IPOD as loud as it would go without me going deaf.

There's no way a little girl is going to make me feel any worse than I already do. I hope Izzy won't be too mad when she realizes I'm gone, and I hope she knows it's for her own good. I love her, I know I do. And I know the feeling goes both ways this time, I know it in my heart. It was in her eyes not too long ago.

Leaving had been one of the hardest things I'd ever done. I mean, I could die right here on this plane, and I would never, ever, see my sweet Isabelle again.

Izzy's POV

Izzy yawned and stretched her back, when pain registered in her lower stomach. Immediately, her eyes flashed open and she looked down at herself. Naked. She smiled. She was glad her first time had been with Asher, he had been the best lover a girl could ever want - not that she had anyone to compare to, but still. Izzy turned onto her side to look at Asher, when she realized there was nothing there but a note.

She picked it up and read it.

The note said: Dear Isabelle,

Izzy I'm so, so sorry I won't be there when you wake up. When you read this, I'll already be on the plane to leave. I wish I could tell you where I'm going, but that might get you killed. It's already destined I'm going to die, whether it be today, tomorrow, or next week. Maybe I won't even make it off the plane ride alive; I don't know.

The point is; this is for your safety. Everything I've ever done, was for your safety, or Eric's safety. It's best I'm not there anymore. Because the longer I stay, the longer the heartache of everyone I love. I don't want people to grieve over me, Izzy. I want them to try and think of the GOOD me; the old me. I used to be a fun kid who had so many dreams. I always wanted to name my son Caleb and my daughter Victory. I don't know why, but ever since I was little, that's how it's been.