~*13*~ Pleasure Knows No Pain...

Chapter 13

Asher's POV

So far, so good. I haven't seen Izzy since in bumped into her earlier, and three periods already passed. Now all I had to endear was lunch and three more classes, then I could get packing and leave for Venice, Italy. Mom sent me a text message that a private jet would be taking me to Italy so I could get away a few hours after school. I figured they wouldn't send any Dragons to Venice, since it was always the last place I would ever go.

I sighed as I walked away into the loud cafeteria, which immediately hushed as I walked in. I was still wearing my glasses, so they couldn't see my bruised eyes, but I could tell they were trying to be cautious of me. I sighed again as I walked over to the lunch line, bought an apple and two slices of pizza - not without notices the sympathetic looks on the lunch ladies faces - and sat at the empty table I did on my first day.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Connor get up out of his seat at the gays table and walk over to mine. I scarfed down the pizzas, ate the apple, and drained it all down with my can of root beer, before glaring at him over the top of my glasses. He gasped when he saw how bruised my eyes were.

"How are you, Asher?" he asked timidly, touching my hand. I made a snarl-like face at him and got up to throw my things away. He scurried after me as I left the cafeteria. I knew going in there was a bad idea. I should have remembered this creature, but yet, I forgot.

"Asher?" Connor asked, following me down the hall. I realized I was going in circles trying to lose him and ended up at the entrance of the cafeteria again. "Asher, I saw the news about your crash and the attack. I want to help you."

Anger started rising in me as I jerked myself to a stop. My hands formed fists, my chest heaved, and I could see red. I spun around on my heel and would have punched him if he hadn't ducked to the side in time - with a girly squeak, that is.

"I don't need help from a f*gg*t, alright?!" I screamed. "My life is as f***ed up as it needs to be and you're just adding to that d*mn list! Leave me the f*** alone you pantsy a**ed b*tch! Go cry to your f***ing boyfriend and LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!!"

To prove my point, I slammed my right fist into his nose. It made a sickening crack noise that made me grin in sick satisfaction as I listened to it. Connor stumbled away from me in shock, holding his bleeding nose.

I grinned, showing my teeth, my icy blue eyes glaring at him with sick amusement. I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, and he flinched thinking I could hit him again. I wiped my bloody knuckles on his shirt, walked away a little bit, spun around and the leg I had kept out swept him off his feet and he landed on the ground with a groan and a grunt.

Now I was done. I figured I should probably take my anger out on someone, and he just happened to be that someone. Besides, I don't like him. I've only talked to him twice, and I absolutely hate him with everything that burns in me. He reminds me of the Dragons leader's son. I don't remember how I remember him, I had only seen him one when he had been raping Abby. I also remember about him that he looked very reluctant to do that.

My fists curled as I thought about that, but I immediately loosened them as I walked. I didn't care about Abby anymore, she was nothing to me. Sure, I felt guilty about getting her killed, but it was time I moved on with my life. I can't wallow in pity for the rest of my life.

I snorted to myself and let out a short, clipped laugh. I didn't even have a life. It would be out the window in a few days anyway, there was no "moving on" for me. I should get every negative emotion, every positive emotion, roll it into one ball, and hurl it at someone. And a schizophrenic with so much emotion is deadly. Maybe I'll kill someone. It's not like life mattered to me anymore. It had no meaning. None. Zip. Nada. Nothing.