~*4*~ Leaving A Dead Body In The Janitor's Closet...

Chapter 4

Asher's POV

I sighed as I bite into my apple. I had classes with every one of them so far... at least one. But I have almost every class with Izzy. So far it's been two. The first period and the third period. So far though, I have had one class with Star. I had to sit behind her. She tried to speak to me, but as soon as I saw her pain had flashed through my body and I looked away as quickly as possible. She hadn't tried again.

Right now, I'm sitting at an empty table shrouded in the shadows, in the corner of the lunch room. Many people were looking at me. I could tell without bothering to look up. The girls gave me lustful looks, the guys glared at me hatefully. And a few of the ones in pink were also looking at me with lust.

I took another bite of my apple and pulled out my IPhone. I was about to play one of my apps, when I felt a presence in front of me. I looked up. There was one of those gay boys, though he didn't look very gay.

He had brown, floppy colored hair which was perfectly straightened and fell into his light blue eyes. The boy also had an angled, pretty face, and was slightly buffed. He wore a baby blue shirt and cut off jeans. He also had a large grin on his face.

"Hi," he chirped. "My name is Connor. Can I sit?"

I absently waved my apple at the chair he was tapping. Still smiling, he sat down in his chair. I didn't say anything, but took a large bite out of my apple and started reading on my IPhone. I loved this thing; I can read, listen to music, play games, look at pictures and get on the internet.

"So, what's your name?" Connor asked, looking at me shyly.

"Asher," I mumbled, peering at the trashcan behind him. I aimed and shot clear over his head. The apple went straight in. Good, I really didn't want to get up.

"Whoa, that was cool," he commented, looking from the trashcan to me. "Did you used to play basketball?" I shook my head. It was quiet for a moment, before he began speaking again. "I have a question. Are... Are you alright?"

My head snapped up to look at him, my eyes brighter than usual. Why in the world would he ask me something like that? I don't look like I'm schizophrenic do I? I was pretty sure I just looked like the new loner kid.

"Why would you ask?" I asked dumbly, cocking my head to the side. But I was distracted by the people coming towards the table. I looked up further. Mark, Jack, Alex, Izzy, Mitchie and... Star, were walking towards us. Groaning, I put away my IPhone and was about to stand up, when Connor grabbed my hand.

"Where are you going?" he pouted. I looked over at the others, who were getting even closer. Some were frowning.

"I have to go," I said urgently, trying to rip my arm away. If you thought gay guys were weak, think again. He gave a great yank on my arm and it threw me into my seat, just as the others sat down. "Damn."

"Hey, Connor. Hey, Asher," Star greeted, trying to catch my eye. But I covered my eyes with my hand. I couldn't look at her. I wouldn't. She would only cause pain to me.

"Asher..." Izzy said cautiously, placing a hand on my arm. I scooted away from her, covering my tattoo, when I realized Alex was sitting on the other side of me. I sighed and slumped in my seat. "We just want to know what's wrong. We know you used to date Ab" -

"Don't say her name!" I shouted at them, my face heating up as my eyes got watery. I shook my head, feeling a tear slip. "Don't say her name..."

"Shh, it's okay," Izzy cooed, stroking my arm as if it would help. It didn't. Her touch was sending shivers down my spine and my breathing was becoming labored. "Would you please tell us what your illness is? I'm sorry if I'm prying, I just want to know."