Twenty-Six- "Put the next target there."

A/N this song rlly fits so well to Mia and Stan and omg just listen if you wanna cry cuz i am

A month passed over the town of Derry. An entire month of the summer was spent without the Losers seeing each other as a group, and an entire month of the summer was spent without anyone or anything stopping the demonic clown from abducting more and more children.

Beverly Marsh spent most of her time inside, playing on her keyboard and basking in her own depression. In her bathroom was still a single drop of blood from her previous encounter with the demon, that she couldn't bear to clean up. She didn't leave the stain on the floor to remember that terrifying night, she left it to remember the day that the Losers had spent cleaning it all up. That was a day she'd never truly forget. She missed hanging out with the Losers, especially Bill, but the Denbrough boy had dropped off the face of the Earth.

Bill was depressed, more than depressed. He could hardly eat, hardly sleep, still traumatized by the day spent in the Neibolt house. He couldn't get the sound of the clown's laugh out of his head, or his murderous words. "It was real enough for Georgie" constantly rang through his brain. His own home made his skin crawl, seeing photographs of Georgie in almost every room. From fireplace mantles to bedroom side tables, Georgie Denbrough still very much lived in his home.

Stanley Uris had his bar mitzvah and completed his Torah reading perfectly. Every ounce of spare time he had after that day he had spent studying, trying to distract his mind from anything and everything that had to do with his friends.

Stanley hated himself for what he'd said to Mia, and tried to convince his own mind that she would never forgive him. She had trusted him, and he'd blown up in her face and ruined everything. He only ever meant to get the point across that he was upset at her actions, not make her hate him for the rest of eternity.

Stanley Uris had soaked his pillow each night for a week after his confrontation with Mia Bowers, until one day his eyes were dry. His mind was dark and almost numb to feeling, he didn't know what was wrong with him. His heart felt like it had been ripped open, and a gaping hole had been left behind after the fight. Stan wasn't himself anymore. He wasn't himself without Mia.

Richie Tozier had attended Stanley's bar mitzvah, being the only one of the Losers to watch Stan successfully complete his Torah reading. Richie could tell just by watching Stan's actions that he was falling apart. Stanley's eyes were glazed over, his skin was pale and appeared cold to the touch. Every word he spoke was monotoned, almost as if he was a robot reciting a programmed monologue.

Mike Hanlon had given up on his own restraint. He used his bolt gun to kill sheep after sheep, not feeling remorse anymore. He hardly felt anything anymore.

Ben Hanscom retreated to his safe place, the Derry town library. Every day he spent reading book upon book, haunted by a painting that hung in the corner of the desolate room. The painting was of an old Derry, with the town in the background and a well up close and center. The well closely reminded the Hanscom boy of the well house, the place the group had determined was the home of the demonic clown.

By the time August rolled around, Mia Bowers was completely lost in her own self-destruction. Her brother had forgiven her for everything that had happened, as she blamed it all on the Losers themselves. She told her brother they'd manipulated her, changed who she was, but that she didn't want anything to do with them anymore.

She was terribly hurt, and there was no way she would ever let herself be hurt like that again.

Eddie Kaspbrak called Mia's house almost every day. He wanted to see her, to ask if she was alright, but she never answered. Mrs. Kaspbrak wouldn't allow Eddie to see any of his friends, and in the off chance that he got a chance to use the phone, Mia was the only one he would call. He never tried to contact anyone else.