Chapter 10: Abduction

Rev sat in her usual seat on the bridge, and turned to read the scanner for the planet they now pulled up to. Kirk had just arrived; he sat down in his seat and stared at the planet thoughtfully; it was a dirty, densely populated planet with no greenery; the entire planet was a city, advanced much further than the Human race, much more advanced than any species in the Federation.

    There was no space to beam into, unless it was apartments or onto a moving ship. The atmosphere, because of the lack of greenery, was nearly completely gone. Humanoids shouldn't have been able to breath at all; the insides of the buildings were proven to hold oxygen tanks and feed oxygen within the sealed buildings, however the outside was obviously unable to sustain humanoid life... so how was everyone surviving on the planet?

    Suddenly, someone beamed onto the bridge, much like a modern transporter. It was a humanoid alien, a young woman with long white hair and pale eyes. She wore a white unitard and sort of backpack, made of clear material, holding a plant. Two tubes connected from the backpack to a mouthpiece that wrapped a band around her head. She looked around, then locked eyes on Rev.

    "You--" she said, raising a finger, her voice muffled by the mouthpiece. "You are different."

    Before anyone could react, she crossed the room, took Rev by the arm, and was gone.

    They materialized on a landing pad in the middle of the city. Everything seemed to be covered in a layer of dirt, small car-like ships zoomed between buildings and through tall circular rings in the sky; shields of sorts, it seemed. The woman had her firmly by the arm, and, although Rev attempted to break free, the woman's grip remained true.

     How could she breathe?

    "You are different," the woman said, watching her. "You can breathe."

    "I am not sure how," Rev replied, looking around. "I would like to know why you took me.'

    The woman turned to her, her pale eyes boring into hers, as if looking into her soul.

    "We want to study you. We want to find out how you breathe. We want to breathe ourselves again."

    "Who is we?"

    The woman raised an eyebrow.

    "You'll find out soon enough."

    "And if I don't want to be part of your experiment?"

    Her head tilted.

    "I'm afraid you don't have much of a choice."

    Rev sighed.

    "I figured as much."

    The woman pressed her finger into her forearm, and the world went black.

    When Rev woke, she was laying in some sort of glass tube. It was bright in the tube, some sort of white light shining down on her; the room outside was bright, too, but all she could focus on was getting out of the goddamn tube. Slowly, she looked around. Her throat was dry and she felt lighter; it was like she'd been in there for weeks.

    The bottom of the tube was open, so she grabbed the ridges of the tube and slid herself downwards, falling out onto the cold floor. She was in perfect state; she had never felt more... healthy in her life. She looked around; the room was empty except for the tube and a long mirror on the wall next to it, the walls a pale peach color, the ground cold and marble.

    She walked up to the mirror and frowned. Her hair-- originally jet-black-- seemed paler, almost a dark grey. She wore a leotard that blended perfectly into her skin, some sort of paler cords connecting to her. Her mouth held a golden brace, allowing herself to speak, but locked onto her lips. Her hand and fingers were wrapped in a connected golden bracelet-ring contraption; it seemed to be piercing her skin in her finger and wrist.