Chapter 14

*Ally's P.O.V*

"Where am I?" I ask groggily as I open my eyes to bright lights.
"Hey...Morning Ally. You're in the hospital. Do you remember what happened?" I turned towards the voice. Why does Jack Gilinsky look concerned about me? Actually, first of all, why is he here?
"If you don't mind me asking, why are you here?" I ask him.
"Your friend here saved you" a nurse answers entering the room.
Gilinsky saved me? I thought he would have helped them beat me. He must have followed me.

"You are good to go Miss Gomez! Just take it easy for a little bit and stay safe!" Nurse Brennan smiles at me. Jack helps me up off the bed and takes the bag of clothes his mom dropped in before work this morning.
"They want you to go to the police station..." Jack says as we make our way through the carpark.
"I can't tell anyone. You fucked up by bringing the police into this and bringing me to hospital! Why couldn't you stay out of it?! He's going to kill me!" I hiss.
"I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me! I didn't mean any of it" I gasp realising I spoke to Jack like that.
"Ally...I'm trying to change. I don't want to hurt you anymore. I'm so sorry I ever hurt you." His voice deep and filled with regret.
I nod my head, not quite sure I believe him. Only time will tell. Actions speak louder than words after all.

"Is that all you would like to add to your statement Miss Gomez?" The officer asks.
"That's it. Is that okay?" I ask feeling nervous about the outcome of me telling the police.
"Yes. You have nothing to fear. With all this and the eye witness account we should be able to put Mr Harvington away for a long time and you have more than enough reasons for a restraining order against him and his friends." The cop reassured me.
I thank him and follow him out of the interview room to where Jack is waiting for me.

We drive home in silence. When we enter his mom rushes over, pulling me into a hug.
"Ally you should have told us!" She cries out.
"I'm sorry." I whisper, looking down at my feet.
"You have nothing to be sorry for love. Anything you need or anything wrong, you come to us okay?" She tells me looking into my eyes.
"I will. I promise. Now where can I start? Have you had dinner yet?" I ask.
"You can start by going upstairs and relaxing. Jack will run you a bath." She orders.
"Are you sure? Honestly I'm fine. Ready to work!" I confirm.
"Go relax" She insists.

Jack runs a bath for me as I gather my bath stuff from my room and replace my clothes with a robe and slippers.
Jack knocks on the door.
"Come in" I say.
"The bath's ready. If you need anything let me know okay?" He smiles as he turns to leave.
"Wait! Jack?" I call.
"Yeah?"
"I think I need to give you a second chance."
"Thank you." He smiles and leaves.

I spend a while in the bath just thinking about everything. Jack, Corey, Mom, Dad, my old life....
A knock on the door interrupts my thoughts.
"Everything okay in there Ally?" Katherine asks from the other side of the door.
"Yeah. Just getting out now " I reply.
"Take your time" I hear her footsteps get quieter as she walks away from the door.

I dry off and climb into bed. I try to sleep but with no luck. I keep thinking of Corey and what he'll do to me.
"Ally? You still awake?" Jack asks sticking his head around my door.
"Yeah. I can't sleep." I sigh.
"Me neither. Want to stay up talking like we used to when we couldn't sleep?" He asks.
"That sounds good. I remember that. We used to climb across the gap between our windows into each others rooms when we were younger and talk about everything until we fell asleep." I laugh.
"Good times. Our parents freaked out because we were missing the first few times." He smiles, climbing in under the covers next to me.
We stay up talking until we fall asleep about old times