Chapter FIVE

Darrius walked pass his assistant to his office with not even much as a glimpse.
He was still caught up on what he had just witnessed.
In his head, he could still hear her pleas and sobs, he pitied her.

Darrius desperately tried to forget, But his mind wasn't helping.

Turning on the computer on his desk and his laptop, he buried himself in the two sets of emails that came in.

There was a soft knock on the door, he knew it was his assistant since they were the only two person on this floor.

"What", he answered.

The door opened, in modelled Liv in her skin fit, high waist, mid thigh, black and white polka dot skirt; white , silk, long sleeve blouse and six inch white pumps.
Liv was vain enough, she knew she looked darm good.

Without a n invitation she sat at the opposite side of her boss's large mohogany desk.

Notepad, and tablet in hand, Liv lapped her foot, giving Darrius a perfectly clear visual of her long smooth legs.

She looked into her pad,"Mr. Taylor, you have a one o' clock meeting with Mr. Ford from Ford's shipping company and a conference call at three", she informed.

All the while Live was speaking, Darrius had his eyes fixed on the temptation of her exposed legs, he reminisced about him being in  between them.
   He was in a heated trance, and he knew he had a hard on, after all, he was only a man.

Darrius remembered the last time he had a woman's sexual company, it was last night in Rome. He couldn't remember her name, only her exotic curvaceous body and the way she folded around his dick.

But nothing was wrong with a back to back, after all this woman is right in front of me , practically wanting me to get up out of this chair, bend her over, and thrust deep and hard in that, I'm pretty sure, heated hussy, he thought.

That was  the power of wealth, women threw themselves at him, that they would sometimes regret because nothing was never offered on the table but a good time.

Darrius unbuttoned the first two buttons of his shirt, then he cleared his throat.
Live reversed and lapped her legs the other way as she talked.

Darrius on the other hand refused to speak, just listened.

"Ok", he heard her say, he quickly snapped out of it and cleared his throat once more.

"Uh, yes, if that's all, you can leave", he said to her.

Halfway through the room, he asked,"by the way, who was that woman, the one you just had tossed out?".

Liv stood still,shocked that he saw what had happened, she wasn't aware that he saw or even knew.

She thought fast,"Nobody, I - I don't even know her, she's just a sick, dimented drunk looking for attention and I was her target, but I wouldn't worry about it", Liv gave herself a mental pat on the back for a nice save.

Darrius looked right at her as if he was searching though her soul.
   "I see",

When she walked out and the door was closed behind her, he took out the photo he picked up off the ground that the  woman accidentally dropped.
He stares at the picture, trying to put some sense into it.

"Why would a stranger have a photo of you if you claim that you don't know her", Darrius spoke to himself. This wasn't any of his business but he just couldn't seem to let it go.

.........................................................

It had stopped raining; her clothes had been air dried, Ida walked along the streets of New York unsure of where to go.

Spotting a phone booth, she quickly went inside, she opened her suitcase, the rest of her clothes was damp she took out a small pack of tissues that was hidden at the side. Peeling it opened, she wiped her face, then zipped the suitcase shut.

She inserted some coins in the phone, listening as the phone rang before it was picked up.

It was two in the morning back in Philadelphia.

Hearing her friend's voice brought a tormented comfort to Ida.

She broke down in tears, something she seemed to be doing constantly.

"Ida, Ida is that you, Ida what's wrong?", she could hear the concern in Bonnie's voice.

All her frustration, pain and hurt went into her sobs, Ida didn't even know what to say, how to say it or where to begin.

But Bonnie already had her suspicions what was wrong, "oh my God, Ida, did she refused?".

"Ye-yes, Bonz mom, I c-cant, I-i d-d-", Ida was frustrated.

"Ssh, honey just come home, we'll figure something out", she had to cut her off, she felt the hurt all the same for her friend.

.........................................................

It has been a week since she visited New York and suffered the humiliation from her sister.
   She remembered that night she came home, Bonnie was there for her with open arms, she'd spend the night at her friend's apartment crying her eyes out.

When Bonnie learned of the terrible embarrassment cast upon her dear best friend, she was furious.
Especially since she knew Luv to be a direct but yet very kind person.

"Hey babe, can I get a cinnamon toast  and scrambled egg", Bonnie ordered.

"Coming right up", Ida answered.

Since Ida was always at the hospital assisting the doctors and nurses with her mother, she was hardly at work, which meant her bills were climbing sky high.
But all that had mattered was her mother and the little time she had with her.

Dr. Logan had apologize countless times whenever they would get an encounter, she'd even agreed to have lunch with him, just to gave him a peace of mind, they had a wonderful time together, he made her laugh and smile and that's something she needed, apparently his cousin wasn't  that reliable. She'd told him about what happened and she saw the sympathy in his eyes, which he held back, Ida was so grateful he did.

The bell for the door rang, someone had entered the diner.

The stranger became the centre of attention, in his black tuxedo pants and sky blue shirt, he looked sexy enough as if he just walked out of the sexiest men magazine. Ida came back with the order in hand.

Looking around, his eyes landed on her.

Bonnie threw her head back, so she could observe his behaviour. She looked to and from Ida to him.

Not wanting to seem like a stalker, he took the seat at the far back of the diner but where he had a clear, fixed view if Ida.

Bonnie became intrigued yet curious, she saw Aimee fixing her hair and was about to make her way towards him, she quickly caught up to her and push her out of the way, " uh-uhh", she said to her.

Standing in front of this man was like standing in the presence of a god. He even had that sexy, musk male scent surrounding the table he occupied.

"May I take your order?",
He looked up at Ida, Not even bothering to look at Bonnie.

"No, but you can get me her right there", he pointed in Ida's direction.
To serve me".