Chapter THREE

It had been three weeks and in just a couple hours she'd be departing.
Ida didn't want to leave her mother's side but there was no choice.

  Ida was practically living in the hospital to take care of her mother; every second and every moment count to her, they were the memories she wanted to cherish.

Ida thought it was best if she was the one to take care of her mother's needs at the hospital, this was something that seemed much natural to her since she'd always bin her breadwinner.
But now as she looked at her mother's  fragile, still body just laying there, she had no choice but to left her in the care of the doctors. She slowly closed the door behind her. Knowing the worst was yet to come.

..........................................................

"So this fine ass Doctor just knows you for what, three minutes, and already he's throwing cash at you and he ain't even hitting it", they were walking towards the departure line at the airport.

"You know Phil is gonna fire you for not showing up today, you know how he gets", Ida wanted to change the conversation, she felt bad enough about the situation.

"Girl Phil ain't firing nobody, especially his best floor buster, he's  too busy serenading that old ass, ragedy ass, Miss Marley from that shitty ass laundry department ".

"Now Bonz, you know that ain't true, where did you hear that?", Ida asked amused.

"I ain't boutta wash no darm clothes on these here expensive nails", she flaunt one of her hand since the other was occupied carrying Ida's luggage.
"So, I go in the laundry department every Thursday and there he is snorting with Miss Marley, it's like watching two old people making love, shit is nasty as hell", Bonnie made a disgusted face.

Ida laughed so hard at her friend's remarks.
  "Well everyone deserves someone",.

"Yea, meanwhile you haven't had sex in, never", Bonnie teased. "I bet you got so many cob webs down there, spiders practically laying on that thing", she joked.

Ida pretended to take offence at her friend's jokes, "I'm simply tryna wait on the right man, I ain't about to give up the cookie to a monster, unlike you", Ida exclaimed.

"You know me so well, I love me some cock, big, thick, long, hard, did I mention big, strong cock, once a man ain't carrying no aids, herpes, disease or baby mama am all in", explained Bonnie.

"You're hardly in, no man has ever even been , you sneak out men's bed worst than a man, when are you going to settle down anyways, one night stands can't always be fun".

"I don't get it, when a man meets a woman, gets access to the garden and sneaks out while she's still sleeping, he gets pat on the back like he's a god, but when a woman does it, she can't even get as much as a thumbs up, screw that shit, ain't no man walking out on me, I rather make the mother fucker feels like he ain't shit", Bonnie proclaimed.
"Besides we can't all have that gorgeous specimen of a man falling at our feet by a three minute meet, I know you be tryna change the conversation, don't think I don't know what you tryna do", she finished.

"Bonz, you know it's not like tha-",

Bonnie cut her friend off.
"Bitch why you docking?",

"What!, I'm not docking", Ida assured.

"You docking, you docking like a bubble dead", Bonnie joked.

Alas it was time for farewells, they'd reach Ida's lane for departure.

"Well this is it", Ida announced.

Bonnie pulled her friend in for a hug, the two haven't been separated in years. They were always like peanut butter and jelly, but Bonnie understood the purpose of circumstances.

"I'll miss you, I wish you could come", Ida said.

"Girl your gonna make me tear up, I'll see you when you get back, have a safe flight", she pushed Ida away. Bonnie was just not the emotional type.

"I love you", Bonnie mumbled. It felt as if piece of her left with her friend as she disappeared through the steal corridor.

..........................................................

"This, is your captain speaking, Welcome to New York City Ladies and gentlemen, do buckle up as we prepare for landing",.

Ida looked out of her windowed seat.
She was amazed, she couldn't have a clear view of the new atmosphere she was now in but it still painted a stunning image in her mind.

.........................................................

It was after eleven in the morning when Ida arrived at the J.F.K International Airport.
She looked around at the busy streets of New York City, Sean had specifically told her that his cousin would be there for her arrival, but as she walked through the airport to outside, her name wasn't on any of the cards that people held up that signifies who they were there for.

"It may seems that bad follows anywhere I go", she sighed and whispered to herself.
She walked along the side walk, hoping that an available cab would pass her, But she was without luck.

Suddenly a harsh gush of wind blew, Ida looked up into the sky, thunder roared, in an instant heavy rain began to pour.

"Great", Ida looked around for a place to shelter, her clothes were starting to soak but as she turned to walk, a vehicle passed showering her with a dirty pool of pot hole water.

Ida had no choice but to walk to find shelter, soaked from head to toe.

...........................................................
It has been ten minutes since she was walking, desperately trying to get a taxi or shelter.
She was cold, hungry and alone in a big city she knew nothing about, except that the people took pity on no-one. People walked by her eyeing her from top to bottom in disgust.

She could imagine the wreck they were seeing.

Her hands were beginning to numb from pulling her suitcase.

"You need a cab sweetheart",
Ida looked around at the man in the taxi.

"I'm wet", Ida stated the obvious to the him.

"As long as you paying, ain't matter to me, besides my seats are covered with plastic", he replied.

Ida hurried inside, pulling her luggage in after.

He turned to the passenger, "so where to?".

She searched the pocket of the suitcase, pulling out a photo, Ida was pleased it wasn't damaged in all this rain.

She handed it to him, "take me there", she pointed to the building behind her sister.

The cab driver nod and handed back the photo.