Chapter NINETEEN

Here she was, at the opposite seat of the man that had been nothing but a generous soul to her.
  For days he'd call just to check in on her, making Ida feel that he's a shoulder she could lean on through the phone.

His genuine soul compliments his apparent astounding character, and his company was evidently enjoyable.

But Ida's thoughts were elsewhere, she was masking to protect the grievance she was going through, but how could she when the person that give her life, her role model, her everything, was gone, and never to return.

"Are you alright", Sean saw the poignant look on her face.

"Uh- Yeah, yeah, I'm alright", she slightly smiled.

"Is it your mom?",

A tear slipped from Ida's eyes, "i just can't believe she's gone". She bowed her head.

On the table, He covered his hand over hers carefully not to over step his boundary.

"Do you want to leave?", he asked.

Ida look up at him, she was amazed that he understood, "no, no, I'm fine, I just need a minute to compose myself, I'll be back".

Sean watch as she walked to the direction of restroom, he saw the greatness in her but he felt bad that he pushed her so soon.

......................................................................

On her way back to her table Ida couldn't help but notice someone far back in the dark corner of the restaurant, she couldn't see any facial features but Ida could tell it wasn't a woman and she swore his direct gaze was on her.

"Hey", Sean brought back her attention, he stood to help her sit.

"Hey", she smiled at him but looking back at the anonymous person.

"Are you ready to order?", the friendly waitress approach.

"What would you have?", Sean requested.

"Can you order for me?", Ida queried.

"Sure", he replied.

He place the order, Ida was merely distracted. She could still feel eyes drilling through her back,She glimpse over her shoulder and she was right.

She looked around thinking that the stranger was gazing at someone else but he didn't flinch at her direction, he just sat there, sipping at his drink, staring.

Ida rotate back to her date, they held conversation but was interrupted when the waitress appeared with a bottle of white wine in hand, she placed it on the table.

"Uh, this must be a mistake, we didn't order this", Sean puzzled.

The woman smiled confidently, "compliments the gentleman right over there", she pointed to the direction Ida had her gaze before but the seat was now empty.

They turned back to face the server.

"He must of already left when i came over, he's such a nice man in person", the woman admitted.

"Excuse me", Ida raised her finger to draw the woman's attention.
"Do you have any idea who this person is?", she puzzled.

"Who doesn't?", the young brunette answered.

Sean looked at the very expensive bottle of wine, sitting in the cold bucket of ice.
"Well, I'm only sorry that we didn't get a chance to thank him", he smiled modestly.

..................................................................

"Who's that?", Sean asked as he was pulling up at the side of the street driveway.

"My bestfriend", Ida responded.

Bonnie was standing outside her apartment door, in the cold windy night.

"Thank you for accompanying me tonight, i had a wonderful time", he told her.

"I thought I'm the one that had to say thanks", she slipped some loose black strands of hair behind her ear.

"I rather be the one that's honored to be in your presence",

Ida didn't know what to say, neither did she know what to do when he leaned in to kiss her on her cheek.

She exited the vehicle, "goodnight", she softly said to him, walking over to her friend she waved at him as he drove off.

She had already filled Bonnie in on her date, it was no surprise that she agreed to have the man drop her off at her friend's place.

................................................................

The two friend's were talking whist have an ends day coffee in the living room of Bonnie's apartment.

Even though the place was petit, she kept it homely and comfortable, one thing that Ida admired about Bonnie was that her taste in interior was extravagant, she knew how to mix and match all the right colors, all the right ways, she'll make the cheapest items appear costly.

It was Bonnie's dream to start her business as a Interior Decorator, so Ida didn't understood why she was wasting her gift, carrying trays.

There was a rap on the door.

"Seems like lover boy couldn't get enough of you", Bonnie joked.

She placed her mug on the centre table, and got up to get the door.

Ida set hers down as well, especially after hearing the voice of the person she didn't want to think about.

Darrius.