Chapter SEVENTEEN

Standing outside Taylor's Corporations, Ida broke down on Bonnie's shoulder, Bonnie tried desperately to hail a cab, but nun of which stopped.

"I take it back, I hate New York", Bonnie stressed.

Ida chuckled, in truth she was relieved that Bonnie decided to come along, she didn't know what the outcome would of been had she go through it alone.

Bonnie turned to her friend, taking her hands into hers, "babe, it's gonna be alright", she assured pulling Ida in her embrace.
  Even though Bonnie have had her share in worse experiences; she was the one in front, witnessing Ida go through it all to this day. Saying her friend's been through alot would f been an understatement.
  She just couldn't understand why does all the  bad can happen to such a great person, everything she wasn't, Ida was, Ida was always the positive one, even through hard times, Ida managed to put everyone's needs before hers.
Ida had always been a genuine friend and Bonnie couldn't imagine her life without such a character.
Although Bonnie had never shown her soft side, she knew the only thing that hurts her the most was watching her friend hurt.

Just as Ida was trying to find comfort in her bestfriend's words, Bonnie cell rang.

On a rampage, Darrius marched through the building, he pulled out his cell to make a call, "there was two women that ran out of my office, have you seen them",.

"No boss, i haven't", the head of security confirmed.

"They flee just minutes before you got to my office, how the fuck could you of missed them", he agitate.

"Sir, I'll check the perimeter to see what i-".

Darrius wasted no time to hear him

"Find them or you can forget you have a job here", he angrily demand.

"Fuck", Darrius distressed amongst himself.
  Just as he pushed the cell in his jacket pocket, his eyes landed on the person he was looking for.
Something was wrong, he sensed it.
He watched as Bonnie had to hold her up.

He rushed out of the building but he was greeted by a stampede of reporters.

"Ida", he tried to call at the pit of his voice.

"Get the fuck out of my way", he infuriated at the mob, but they only bombarded him with questions.

Bonnie looked over after hearing Ida's name, her eyes met the man that added to the pain of her friend.
Luckily he couldn't get through to the thick crowd.

As if on cue a taxi pulled up,"come on babe, lets get the hell outta here", Bonnie quickly along with Ida entered the vehicle.

Darrius watched as the cab was off, he stormed back inside to the  receptionist area.

"Where are my security team or is everyone on fucking holidays that I gotta do their job", he cursed.

It was the first the woman has ever encountered such a drastic experience from her boss, "s-s-ir, i-i do-don-t k-no-w", she stammered.

"Well, if you don't know anything, then it doesn't make sense that you're here, you're fired", he reacted.

The woman had never felt so humiliated, she quickly cleared her stuff, then ran as fast as her legs could take her out the building.

"Bring my car around now!", he demand through the cell.

.................................................................

"Your mother asked me to give you this" Doctor Sean Logan handed Ida a folded white paper.

Ida took it with trembling hands. The devastating news, had her in total distress after they back in Philadelphia.

Doctor Logan held her hands a while longer, "I'm really sorry for your lost", he personally sympathized.

Ida barely smiled with glistened eyes, "thank you", she hoarsely replied.

"I know this is the wrong time, but would you consider, having dinner with me?", he asked.

Ida thought the company would do her good, "sure", she faintly answered.

He let her go.

"Friday at eight?",

"Sounds good", she responded.

"Where should i pick you up?", he asked

Ida had already let one man in her unappealing home, luckily he showed her no sign of remorse, but she didn't want to risk making that same decision again.
"How about you choose a venue, and I'll meet you there", she decided.

..................................................................................