14. Conviction

Wow you guys! I'm super stoked at how many reads I've gotten in the last week (over 300) so I just want to thank y'all for reading and supporting my work! Here's an early chapter to thank you all. And don't worry you guys will still be getting the regularly scheduled chapter tomorrow too. Now back to what y'all came here for.
---------------------------------------------------

"A hybrid with what?" I said with less panic in my voice the I though it should have had.

These last couple of days have really started to desensitize me from this insanity that is now my life.

"Let me preface this by saying that most of the creature that you here about in stories are for the most part true. Excluding a few over the top ones like the Loch Ness monster and Bigfoot." He pause for a moment while I collected myself.

"I'm a werewolf-vampire hybrid, Aubree, I was born into a life like this and not changed like most vampires are."

I sucked in a breath and let myself mull over what he just said.

"Do you have to drink blood then?"

"Yes and no. Probably not in the way your thinking. Normally hunting for game is enough to keep my vampire instincts at bay. The blood from them is normally enough unless I get hurt or something."

I thought carefully over his answer before I responded.

"So essentially you don't go after humans or anything like that?"

Tyler nodded at me. "It's one of the many ways I vary from vampires. I can also walk in the sun and do not suffer as harshly from blood withdrawal."

"Ok," I began, as I carefully thought about my next question. "So does your werewolf side get affected like your vampire side?"

"Ya, once again I'm not bound to any of the down sides of it. I don't have to turn on a full moon and I'm not as badly affected by silver. I'm also much stronger and faster then either species." He said as a smirk tugged at his lips.

"Our mate is strong, girl, just like we will become." Accalia purred into my mind.

My mind got ripped away from my thoughts when it hit me. "Wait, does being a vampire have anything to do with how you convinced my parents to let me go with you, you know, like in the tv shows?"

"That's correct, my clever little mate." Tyler's beast huskily purred out. "I compelled them into thinking that you had already discussed it with them a couple weeks ago."

I hated to admit it but this all had me very fascinated.

I think that was due to the shock of initially finding out wearing off.

It suddenly clicked in my head; this is the adventure that I had been looking for in life.

It was almost like I had always know this would happen as the piece started to fall into place.

It's also explained why I had always felt like such an outsider at school.

Maybe I just was never meant to have a human life.

"What about my family? Could you tell if they were like me?" I said quickly.

"Your younger brother and your mother, but your dad is as human as they come."

"Oh." I said a little sadly.

"There is a choice you will have to make, Aubree, to stay or to go. I don't expect an answer before you go through your first shift but you need to keep it in the back of your mind." Tyler said with empathy in his voice.