Chapter 1

"You already asked that, Mom. Yes, my flight is today, we've known this since last month and I checked constantly. I know you want me to stay a little longer, but I can't. Don't worry about me. Besides, I will be with Ethan, your son, who you trust." I tease her, grabbing my purse and backpack off the ground.

"The flight for Los Angeles is now boarding. Once again, the flight for Los Angeles is now boarding." The PA system blasted.

"Ok, that's my flight. I'll miss you., I will try to call you once a week." I tell her, starting to tear up. This would be the first time leaving my house for more than a week at a time. I was going to live with my twenty-five, almost twenty-six year old brother, while I went to school for fashion design and apparel. I had enough credits to graduate early, and got a large scholarship to a college in California. I was lucky that Ethan lived and went to college in California, as of now, he is just finishing his teaching degree and is starting to teaching there as well. I started to walk towards the gate before dropping all my bags and turning to hug my mom one last time. "I love you, Mom!"

"I love you too, Ella! Ok, go get on that plane! I will try to come once a month. Keep me updated! Tell your brother to behave and please get along!" Mom cried, hugging me tightly. I nodded, pulling away from her comforting hug with one last look, I grab my bags and wave goodbye.

"Ladies and gentlemen, now we're approaching Los Angeles where the local time is nine p.m. At this stage, you should be in your seat with your seat belt firmly fastened. Personal television screens, footrests and seat tables must be stowed away and all hand luggage stored either in the overhead lockers or under the seat in front. Please ensure all electronic devices, including laptop computers and computer games, are turned off." The flight attendant announced at the front of the plane. I looked out the window to see LAX, I couldn't wait to land I was getting tired of being in the air for such a long time. After grabbing my luggage, I began to look around for my brother, who I had texted before grabbing my luggage. I turned only to be scared by someone, I screamed before throwing my bag at my attacker.