Chapter 4

"How did he propose to you?" I asked impatiently wanting to find out how my brother asked my new friend to marry him.

"Well, he had gotten up before me and went around giving his friends clues of our past dates and things to give to me. I had to guess where the clue led me to when I got it right, I got another clue. The last clue, which on the beach, had a box with flashlight in it along with a note telling me to go down by the water. I grabbed the flashlight and started to walk down, I noticed that there were weird circles in the sand which I had dismissed as rocks. When I reached the water there was a sign that said turn around. When I did, the weird circles started to glow, turns out that they were electronic candles that his tech-savvy friend programmed to light, they slowly made a path of light and at the end of the path was Ethan with my favorite flowers. After running down the path back to him, he bent down on one knee and proposed to me." She blushed holding out her left hand to show me the ring.

"Other than your friends who helped, am I the first family member to find out?" I questioned staring at the large diamond on her hand.

"Yeah, Ethan wanted you to be the first family member, we can now tell the rest of his and my families." She nodded fiddling with her ring.

I couldn't believe that my brother, the hater of any kind of romantic stories, hater of any cliche story or movie, and a non-romantic guy would do this for her. 'He must really love her.' I thought to myself.