Chapter 2

"Ouch! Dang, Sis, I'm pretty sure you're here for fashion not baseball, unless you changed majors." My attacker teased.

"Oh my gosh! You scared me! Was that really necessary, Ethan? And to answer your question, I am still here for fashion." I chuckled at him while hitting him multiple times on the arm.

"It was totally necessary because this is the first time I've seen you since Thanksgiving!" Ethan yelled, lifting me in the air.

"I missed you so much, well some of the time." I yelled back. Now, we had people looking at us like we were crazy, we just laughed and ignored them as he put me back on the ground. I grabbed my bags while Ethan took my suitcases, and as we walked to the car I noticed that he was much happier than usual. After we got in his car, I asked, "Are you dating anyone?"

"Sort of...I mean." He cleared his throat, "Definitely not. Are there any guys I need to punch or give them the talk?

"Way to change the subject, but no, and I'm pretty sure that there won't be for a long time." I sighed, leaning my head against the cool window.

"Don't worry, when you get to school you will be the girl every guy chases after because you are the youngest, the most talented, beautiful young woman...and also the younger sibling of a highly social, smart, handsome student. When you do go, they will probably think that you are naive cuz' you are so young." He exhales, grabbing my hand with his free hand. I send a small smile over to him which he returns.

"How much farther until we get to your house?" I question, turning the music down slightly, that we were listening to while conversing.

"Um, I think we left LAX about five minutes ago, so about ten more to Santa Monica plus traffic time and then maybe another five. So, we will get there around 10 o'clock tonight." Ethan replied. I nodded before looking back at the scenery.

"Oh, Mom told me to tell you to behave and to get along with me." I remembered what Mom said before I boarded my flight.

When we reached his house, I was amazed at the sight; I didn't expect a beach house with a private beach, Jacuzzi, and an unfamiliar car parked in the driveway. "Wow, this is amazing! How did you afford this place anyway?" I marveled, taking in all the different sights.

"Yeah, this place amazes me every time I come home. How I afforded this place is simple, I have a job as a biology teacher and a little help." He gulped, looking at me nervously.

"I knew it! You have a girlfriend! Don't you?!" I exclaimed, just as I spoke, a beautiful woman opened the door that we had been walking towards.